Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prevost Shell Prices

Default Prevost Shell Prices

Does anyone know the current prices for XLII shells? I am looking for 45 foot motorhome and entertainer prices with and without bus air and with and without slides. I probably will have to just give Prevost a call, but I thought I would try here first.

Loc

Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    Does anyone know the current prices for XLII shells? I am looking for 45 foot motorhome and entertainer prices with and without bus air and with and without slides. I probably will have to just give Prevost a call, but I thought I would try here first.

Loc
    Does this mean you sold your bus, Loc? Congrats if you did.

Gary S

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Loc
    There is an unnecessarily very long answer to your honest question. We are going to be doing an article soon on the front page of this site on the business side of how shells wind up being converted.

I can give you a recent quotation on a new H3-45 double slide shell without bus air (didn't see the paperwork but was told) it was $486,000.00. Keep in mind that is the converter's price and you could probably haggle it down for less as then don't 'buy' them straight out from Prevost Car. More on that later.

At this moment, it's kinda like buying lobster in a fancy restaurant. It says, "Market" and you can make the best deal you can. A little word of advice here is that MCI is doing some very aggressive pricing in Prevost's face and they'd sure like to sell you one of theirs as well. So for a cash buyer, Prevost would likely have some room to move. They currently have some shells that were destined for converters who are no longer with us and some they had brought back.

How much y'figure a good lobster is worth? It may come to that in your negotiations.

PM me for more or we can do a phone chat.

Gary,

No sale yet. But I am hopeful.

Loc

Orren Zook Guest

Heartland Coach has a 'new' 1999, two slide, H3-45 shell (7500 miles) for under $300k: http://heartlandbus.com/VehicleDetail.cfm?StockNo=694

I sent an email to Prevost regarding bus shells. They responded with a detailed price list for both a motorhome XLII chassis which they refer to as the W5 and an XLII entertainer chassis which they refer to as the WE. Base prices range from $295K for the WE to $322K for the W5. Add $88K for double slides on the W5 and $52K for a single slide on the WE. Add bus air for $16K. Other sorted options would raise the price another $30K to $32K (window upgrades, durabrite wheels, chrome mirrors, Jake Brake, xenon lights, etc). For a really nice multicolored paint job figure $25K. To meet 2007 US EPA exhaust changes add another $15K. That makes it $380K for a WE without slides and $408K for a W5 without slides. You can add the cost of slides to get the picture on shell costs. These are rough estimates, based on how I would want to equip a shell. Now I just need to find a converter that will convert the shell for free.

Orren,

I think the H3 shell with the slides belongs to Jeff Bailey

Just Plain Jeff Guest

I wouldn't assume the pricing you obtained is set in stone.

It'd be interesting to get a bid on independent conversion from a shell you already own v. a shell a converter already has.

Geez, we've gotta get that article done.

Jeff,

My reasoning for getting the price levels is to ask the converter what he would charge just to convert the shell or to do it turnkey. It will be interesting to see the results.

Loc

Last time this topic was discussed I was of the understanding the converters have no out of pocket for the shell until it is sold to the buyer of the conversion, so the price to you should be the same.

The cost to you would be greater if you bought it and then let them have it for the conversion since you have your money tied up.

I think they get the shell for free for six months. Correct, JPJ????

TedK Guest

Default Shell price

We pay the same as you for a shell. The "list" price is including the floor plan which is not free. If a customer wants to purchase a shell outright and have the converter build it, there are discounts to be had.