Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Generator and Gen. Bay Rebuild

Default Great Job Joe

Congrats on the Generator Compartment Redo. Looks great,

My insulation is becoming more fragile with age, will probably have to replace it in the not to distant future. Keep all the details on file.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Greg

I chose not to hook into the glow plugs and plan on giving it its own switch, there is a spare right next to the auto-start on the control panel. Jon suggested giving it a switch with a timer.

I do not understand what you mean by using the preheat lead to close the circuit? I did not think I needed a relay, don't know how mant amps that fan pulls but I don't think it's more than a simple toggle can handle?

I would prefer to keep things simple? What say you?

Thanks Rodge, I went out there with a drink last night and just stood there and looked at it for a while I'm sure you have been there.

Greg.. this is a case where Joe can ventilate the compartment before start just by manually pushing a switch. It does not get any simpler than that.

I think you and I were thinking along the same lines by using a time delay relay (such as the one on the glow plug circuit) to engage the fan automatically prior to the start of the generator.

The important thing is for the compartment to get ventilated eliminating any chance of vapors or fumes from igniting when the generator starts.

Great looking job Joe. Take a couple pats on the back from me!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    Thanks Rodge, I went out there with a drink last night and just stood there and looked at it for a while I'm sure you have been there.
    Joe, That's the best part of any project. Just soak it all in. Good job man.

MIke

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Well here is the end of a project I think turned out pretty darn good.

I need to thank Harry for his suggestion for the 5/8 fire-rated drywall, Carl for his info on the potential danger of the spiral-flex exhaust and a safe alternitave, Jim for his tip on where to locate the corrigated flex exhaust and the awsom LED light strips, Jon for his suggestion for a pre-start exhaust fan that was lacking, Dale for stearing me to Soundown for their great insulating products and most important Skiffer and JPJ for coming up with this wonderful idea POG. This would never have turned out this well without all this help from my friends.

I just spent a few minutes going back through this thread and all of the things I used and the info for them are all there for future referance for all.

If anyone would like some help with this project in the furure I do not drive truck in the winter and will work for food

My Bus 292.jpg
    This pic. is with no flash at night! We could not see in there in daylight before.

My Bus 287.jpg

My Bus 288.jpg

My Bus 293.jpg

My Bus 294.jpg
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 08-15-2007 at 11:34 PM.

Very nice.

OUTSTANDING. How is the sound levl compared to the old set up?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

It is noticably quieter, but just a little. I still have to do the door.

The lions share of sound comes from under the bay. Never really ever did hear exhaust, it's out the roof at the rear.

When I install the fan on the rear floor opening I may experiment with baffeling that duct.