We fired up the gen. the other day and it fired right up but no A/C power out. Can't decide who will rebuild or find what is wrong with the gen. side, get crummy service often and don't have any referals, looks like a pig in a poke for now. I'll do more research.

I've been wanting to do this bay for a bunch of reasons and it looks like this latest issue has moved the clock forward.

As I go through all the issues I'll post up as I go and list all information as I can on components and suppliers.

My Bus 157.jpg
Here is what I'm starting with. There was some additional trim around the radiator that was missing when we bought. I'll redo that to give it the finished look. All new insulation, flex piece for the exhaust, oil sending unit was dripping, fresh hoses,fresh fuel lines, the slide out needs bracing, everything goes back in WHITE including the gen itself a real antifreeze overflow canister and mucho lighting.

My Bus 208.jpg
If you look you will see a access panel at the right rear partly open. The next bay back is the OTRA/C evaporator and when we had it fixed they put a new adjustable expansion valve that at the time it was installed it was too early in the season to get set right, outside temps. were still too chilly. We were told to bring it back when it is 90degrees and since we have made easy access for the fellow it is time to get this done too.

My Bus 213.jpg
Here is the divider wall removed. This is what you will see on a gen with 5000hrs, 22yrs old, that has never seen any TLC. In this pic. the gen is totaly unbuttoned ready to be plucked. I'll use 2 tight slings and a friends fork truck and with the thing slid all the way out lift it off the slide and onto a cradle I'll make.

My Bus 210.jpg
Here's a better shot of that expansion valve in the next bay back. Does everyone know that there furnace style filters slid across in front of the evaporator. You put them in from a similar access panel that is in the plumbing bay at the other end of the evaporator.