Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quantico camping

Jim_Scoggins Guest

Default Quantico camping

We spent Memorial Day weekend at the Marine Corps Base Quantico camp ground.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Jim

Looks very quite, nice. Accept when they're out at the range

What type of work do you sill do for the USMC?

Jim_Scoggins Guest

Joe;
    I am one of those nasty government contractors you read about. I work for Cubic Applications, Inc. as a simulations analyst: I work in the MAGTF Staff Training Program doing warfare computer simulations for the battle staffs.

I was asked to come back after 911--said I would be glad to as long as we had Marines in the field. I am really small potatoes but I can not wait to get to work every morning. Great folks, great environment and it is just super to have my head back in the fight again.

All the guys I work with feel privileged to be there.

Our young Marines and their officers are just superb.

Semper Fi,

Just for you Jim--My Dad in 1946

Debi ( I hope this comes through!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I had a hunch an ex-pilot wasn't driving trucks

I could't even imagine, thats sounds awsome.

Do you remember that day 40 years or so ago in boot camp when the drill instructers called you into the office and told you you scored high enough on the GT to qualify for OCS?

I had the same experiance and turned it down, ended up in a heavy equip. platoon.

When your 19 being asked to commit to another 10 yr seems like an eternity. I'm not making excuses, just an observation thinking back. Hated H.S. Couldn't see myself going to collage. You obviously made the right choice. That is one decision I wish I had to do again FOR SURE.

Debi great shot of your dad, 46 hu end of the war. You weren't even a gleam in his eye yet!

Live and Learn

Semper Fi
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 06-17-2007 at 09:58 PM.

[QUOTE=Joe Cannarozzi;Debi great shot of your dad, 46 hu end of the war. You weren't even a gleam in his eye yet!

Live and Learn
    Semper Fi]

Thanks Joe. It was nice looking at his old photos today on Father's Day. I wasn't a gleam in his eye yet but a few years later I would be. I was always thankful that he entered the Marine Corps between wars. However, we did lose him when he was only 52 after open heart surgery. He would have been like a little kid seeing all our buses and no doubt would have tested the new beer holder Jim found for his Prevost You know how those Marines are

bill&jody Guest

as for camping at quantio, i think i did all i wanna do in the summer of '68.
    wmm

Do you remember that day 40 years or so ago in boot camp when the drill instructers called you into the office and told you you scored high enough on the GT to qualify for OCS?
    Joe, I remember a similar, but even more stupid decision on my part. Right after basic I was marched in front of a captain who told me I had been picked to attend West Point. I turned him down.

But, 35 years later, my son is attending there ...

Ray

My wife and I had the HONOR of flying our boys to Southeast Asia in the sixties and seventies. While we were proud to fly all of these boys, our Marines held a special place in our hearts. To a man, they were gentlemen and treated our lovely flight attendants with respect. Unlike the men of the other services, these boys came out of combat and straight on to our aircraft for the short flight to Kadena Airbase in Okinawa for destaging to the States. These flights were usually totally silent for the first hour or so as the boys came to realize they were actually going home. We'll carry the memory of those special flights with us forever. Thanks gentlemen.

lewpopp Guest

May we always remember the ones who didn't make the return trip and may God bless their souls.

Lew