Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspended

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Default Suspended

Grabbed some charcoal and some chicken wings and hit the road yesterday to stretch the bus a little. We had no destination in mind, planned on a couple of hundred miles with a stop in any wayside for a little lunch.

Headed down US RT1 and got pulled over by a local cop who told me he ran my plates and that the regestered owner of the vehical had a suspended lisence, since Jan 21

In Cook Co. we have to air test all regestered vehicals and if you don,t they pull your lisence. We know this and always comply. When we bought the bus last year I traded the old camper for a PU and a Touris, then sold them both, and I think the problem is with one of these. I'll find out this morn.

These folks NEVER sent me any notice. If we did not have the 500 bucks on the spot for the vehical release they were gonna tow the bus. I had to spend a couple of hours in a dip tank till Deb caught back up to bail me out.

First time I'd ever been in hand-cuffs or jail. What fun things did everyone else do yesterday

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Yo-Joe:

If you read the True Confessions, you'll find that I got arrested just over a year ago and narrowly avoided sharing a cell with Bubba in the Carroll County Virginia slammer. It was all over a radar detector being switched on. Even Mango, with his political connections had to pull (actually I was supposed to be heading to his joint, but oh sure, went on my own).

Sorry to hear that the paperwork messed you up and you were inconvenienced. While you were doing your time there was a show on TV that showed that "Robert Johnson" is on the no-fly list with the Feds. That means anyone by the name of Robert Johnson is a candidate for interrogation at any time at airports up to and including a strip search (one old fella had to go through that).

So, maybe we should get together and do prison tatoos? Glad to hear that you made bail. In Texas, you woulda already gotten LIFE without parole, so all is good.

Glad you're back.

Wink

Just like Paris Hilton Joe. I'll bet you were thinking about her and everything she's going through when you were waiting for Bail

Misery likes company. Be sure to tell how it all turns out! Where did you cook your chicken?

Default Thats the sound

Thats the sound of a man,,,, workin on the chaaaaaaaain gang!

What a load of crapola.

Someone told me in Mass. that if you get in a crash, and find you are registered in one state, and licensed in another (not Mass) they impound your rig under a "three state law".

I have no idea how they could get away with that, its so crazy.. But like I said, its just hearsay. The fellow who told me lived in NH and has been motorhoming for years so maybe credible, I dunno..

A little common sense would go a long way!

What is an air test? Is that an emissions inspection?

I'm not advocating you break the law, but if Cook County or Illinois is going to take such Draconian measures then it is time to register your vehicles in a corporation and make it impossible for them to repeat what they just did.

Joe, all I have to say is I hope you get this clarified today and now might be a very good time to think about that Montana LLC??

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Thanks everyone. Yes Jon a polution test and it was for our old camper that is no longer registered to me and when it was it passed with flying colors.

We just spent the day driving down to Springfield and back to straighten it out.

Once we got there it took 5 minutes, and we were charged nothing (that was amazing) but if we did it with a fax it could have been days.

Sorry to hear of your run in with the law. If you had been an illegal alien with no license and caught driving under the influence, you would have been released on your own . Sorry state of affairs with our local law enforcement.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

You got that right.

They make us test the 8V in the bus as well (35 bucks annually) and to say I was a little concerned beforehand would be an understatement. It's mechanical and if you tromp on it from a dead stop its ugly. Fortunatly the requirements in 85 combined with a more controled acceleration in neutral at the facility did O/K.

henryhighwood Guest

Jim,

Now I feel really bad that I could not take you up on your offer to meet with us yesterday.