Thread: Oshkosh 2007

Default Oshkosh 2007

Is anybody planning to attend EAA @ Oshkosh this year?

July 23 - 29 are the dates and I haven't heard anybody even talking about it.

What's the deal?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Mango I thought was going to check out the availability of the site we used last year.

I know JDUB is probably flying in with the Bonanzas.

I doubt if I will be going.

I am definetly going and so is Trukman.

I have lost the email address of the gentlemen who's land we camped on last year. However I snail mailed him a letter this week asking permission for a number of us staying on site. He has absolutely the best place to camp at OSH.

And since I plowed his yard (after a rainy night) while I was leaving I did offer that we would pay a surcharge for the extra weight, just to give him an extra push to let us back in.

Saturday is the day to arrive to watch the gaggle of Bonanza's arriving. Sunday is another great day as you sit at the edge of the runway and watch the rest of the general aviation guys arrive. The show officially opens on Monday.

I'll be there Sunday morning until Wednesday morning.

I'll post a Earth Google shot of the property.

As soon as I hear something I'll post the response.

Mike

Yep you know N63OSU will be at OSH with the POG faithful. Lots happening this year with it being the 60th anniversary of the Bonanza.

Anyone else up for some airshow action? Oh, and a little bus smack talk?

henryhighwood Guest

Where does the POG congregate at OSH?

Ted,

Last year the coaches were just south of the North 40 shower house near the end of runway 9. Some of us were camping with the airplanes. Some were cozied up at Camp Prevost.

If you are of a mind to come, we will get the details pulled together a little better as we get closer to the Airventure.

And welcome to the POG. Be forewarned, there are plenty of goobers on this site. I, however, am not one of them.........

Ted,

Welcome aboard, but the previous post was from the Supreme Goober!

Default Goobiest

Is goobiest a word, if so I find it applicable

Default Contact!

I heard from Don the Osh Dude today and initially the conversation went he wasn't offering camping this year. Too much landscaping had to be done from last year and the hassels of pulling the necessary permits.

However, his neighbor is still in the camping on the back lawn business and will be contacting me shortly about details.

So if you're interested in the OSH experience this year send me a PM and let me know the days you're interested in visiting. I'll be on location with the Mangoettes Sunday morning until Wednesday morning.

After reminiscing with Don about the great time all the bus guys had last year by the end of the conversation he was going to rethink the whole camping thing. So it looks like either option we have a place to stay at Osh.

Visiting will be an exercise in dry camping, although water should be available and as I recall from last year an optional honey wagon could stop by to remove your anacondas.

If you're even mildly interested in any form of aviation this is one event you definetly want to add to the "d" list. You won't be disappointed.

Mike

osh_5070.jpg

Just Plain Jeff Guest

On a fling, Hitman Frank and I took the guy road trip to OSH last summer. Frank actually knows something about birds, so we hit the road.

We got directions from MM and hooked up for a mini-POG rally on a hill overlooking the enormous playground of aircraft and all the stuff the airplane driving guys like to have when they soar up above buildings. It was a great time, that is, until the Bonanza guys showed up and had to explain why their little airplanes didn't have enough wings on the back of their airplanes, but that topic is explained elsewhere.

It was hot as the dickens, but the food was great. Advisable to bring a fold-up bike as Camp Prevost is a bit from the display area. There is an article on p-stuff about OSH if you click on the articles section with pics to get an idea of what it looked like last year.

Positives: Great view, easily accessible and free internet (ahem).
    Minus: Some guy next to us had his awning strap flapping day and night.

Overall: Highly recommended for the Wheels Disease crowd and nice people as well.