Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They're b-a-c-k...

Everybody drives a used bus. Some are just less used than others.

Welcome back Jeff, Its about time. We've missed your wandering dissertations. Now I can stop reading the old Readers Digest I've had laying around and look for new posts from you.

Good luck on the REAL-ESTATE. Going to get mighty cold up there this winter. Might want to shop for a used prevert to winter in around Lakeland. I hear there are some deals out there now (what with all the doubled up ownership were seeing). Maybe the Skiffer will need one even more than you.

Take good care of that bride, your to old to break in a new one.

Mike and Karen

Anyone notice the timing of JPJ buying a new house and the Postal Rate going up 5%?

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mike kerley View Post
    Welcome back Jeff, Its about time. We've missed your wandering dissertations. Now I can stop reading the old Readers Digest I've had laying around and look for new posts from you.

Good luck on the REAL-ESTATE. Going to get mighty cold up there this winter. Might want to shop for a used prevert to winter in around Lakeland. I hear there are some deals out there now (what with all the doubled up ownership were seeing). Maybe the Skiffer will need one even more than you.

Take good care of that bride, your to old to break in a new one.

Mike and Karen
    Wandering dissertations? Wandering dissertations?

Jeepers Mike, I haven't even gotten started yet. Y'know just the other day I was thinking about the fact that I am getting older. When you get older, you are supposed to become wiser. I am finding that I just ramble more, and more and more. Now to put things into perspective, neither of us are old enough to collect Social Security yet. Four more years for me and more for The Boss (more about that later). We will need some help to apply for Social Security if our senior moments continue. Maybe Jim Skiff will take me down to the office to help out (but that might not be a good sign either).

I have noticed that the kids have picked up a bad habit. When I start to talk, their eyes tend to roll back into their heads. Now that isn't a genetic thing, so perhaps it is instead some sort of nervous affectation on their part which should be checked out by competent medical authorities; pretty sure about that one. Maybe it is an involuntary tic or something. (That's the short version).

The real estate deal is weird. How is it that a guy can walk onto a Prevert lot and drive away with million+dollar coach in 24 hours, but it takes an Act of Congress to put together a deal on a house? We found out Friday (closing is this upcoming Friday) that the wife of the seller didn't want to sell the house because she would have to live with her parents for 10 days before they got there own digs. Holy cow, if you put a piece of property up on the market to SELL IT, don't you think you would have thought that one through? We worked through the obstacle over a serious of phone calls and think that we are back on track. We'll know by Thursday night if all worked as planned, so keep your fingers crossed.

Who knows what the future will portend about a camper. Since we are going to have a bit over 7 acres of land with a private wooded area and no deed restrictions, we'll be able to get away with almost murder if we wanted to do something with the woods (Maine being what it is).

Tom would like to have something to do with his Woody, but I'll have to let him speak to that issue himself.

Anyway, don't josh me about the Reader's Digest. It's the old National Geographics that must be a problem for you, fess up.

The Boss is happier than imaginable. If The Boss is happy, I'm happy.

Y'know.
    Last edited by Just Plain Jeff; 06-10-2007 at 07:56 AM.

lewpopp Guest

CLEAR THAT 7 ACRES !!!!!

We found a place to have a POG rally. Now get busy , cut the timber, make furniture, and pay for the rally out of the income from the woods.

Great idea Lew! If I must say so myself.

Sincerely

Lew