Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They're b-a-c-k...

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default They're b-a-c-k...

Well, the story goes something like this:

We'd been pretty much full-timing for several years in campers and tried the toy house in Florida routine with the RV port. From the outside, we had the Liberty Prevert, the digs in Florida, free to travel, ya-da-ya-da ya-da. But some serious family things came up and we decided to chuck what many people may think is the perfect life. We sold the Prevert and are in the process of buying a house s-o-o-n in Maine.

Now, for the few of you who will admit to knowing the Sled Dog and JPJ, this may not come as a surprise. For the rest of you kind souls who have been allowed visiting privileges in the asylum, please bear with this post if you really have nothing else to do.

Over the course of the years, I will admit, that we have had about as many campers as some converters have ever made. That's an actual fact. No apologies here, as some people claim to know about the nuts and bolts and stuff that are inside a camper. We know how to buy and sell 'em. (Practice making perfect).

Now that we are just about completed on the house deal in Maine, not far from Mr. James Skiff (and oh, isn't he thrilled?) Those of us who have been kicking around this board are in for a really nifty treat: We have high-speed broadband at our new house and there are going to be times when we are bored and will tell long rambling stories about insignificant stuff on this forum. That is the job of the people who are actually much older than us, such as A1, et al., but we are in training and will get graded on it.

There are important things for us to do, such as revisit the idea of statehood for Oklahoma, being that our new home and private woods are not far from the state house. We had thought it was a good idea to convert the desert there into a state, but perhaps this needs to be reconsidered, since no semblance of civilization has emerged from there yet.

For the new folks, Helen, harshly named as the Sled Dog by JDUB, is a retired Hospice Nurse and I really can't remember what I did for work that much, but more or less got regular assignments. I still fiddle around with some work at the Post Office when needed and will be setting up a killer woodshop in our new digs. Thing is, we gave away all of our stuff when we went into the RV thing and the kids don't want to give it back. (Ungrateful swine). So we'll have to make our own. At one point I remember owning a custom furniture outfit, so expect to see some Shaker furniture reproductions as well as some other new ideas come out of the joint if I don't chop off a finger in the process.

Feel free to PM with questions about buyin' and sellin' If you have any questions about how the camper works, remember that most of the clowns here make up all this stuff and have no liability.

So we're back on the board (Until our account gets zapped!)

Thanks much for reading this rambling. Now you can go back to sleep.

JPJ,

This is great news as it adds more fodder for posting comments to Mrs. Mango as in "can you believe what this dude has posted, what the heck was he thinking". etc, etc.

Mango

Welcome back. Just the other day I was thinking this forum needs a three fingered carpenter that doesn't know how to hide his buses from the repo guys.

Except when Winchester ain't putting out fires this forum has been doing OK. It was fun while it lasted.

Question What's New

Welcome back JR. Don't cut off anything until you autograph your book for me

Now that you see fit to re-appear, what were the new things for/about the forum you were holding back until after POG III?

I have been thinking about a liberty prevert,how are those guys to deal with?

lewpopp Guest

Great, Jeff,

Wonderful to smell your voice. Hope Helen remembers where the on switch is on the larger saws, etc. Sure as hell you don't know. Good luck and what the dickens are we going to do when you start to shake all over and get MPD again.

Lew and Kathy

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default Oh Sure...

I am writing this in a bigger size so A1 can read it.

Oh sure, beat up on the young, good-looking kid who moved back into the neighborhood.

To answer an actual question, Liberty is terrific to deal with. When we bought our camper from them, we thought they had made a mistake. They treated us as if we had bought a brand new one! Shookie had the same experience, as I was there during his delivery. Of course, he had the well, you-know-what to bring his accountant with him.

As to the Repo man. His name is Larry, and we're actualy on pretty good terms He just stops by and says, "Well, I gotta take this one..."

Last time I spoke with the Mango Man he was watching (doesn't he seem to do a lot of that) some people actually working to unload palm trees from Florida at his restaurant. BTW: I was able to make it through Carroll County Virginia 3 times this spring without being arrested again.

Must have been the Prevert that did it last year.

Jeff,

I was beginning to think you had deserted us forever!! I am looking forward to seeing the furniture and not to worry, Helen can superglue any lost digits back on Are you sure Skiffer is ready to have you close by Seriously, best of times with the new house, job, and I will send you long heated underwear for the winter

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Deb & Bob-OO:

Thanks so much for the offer. This isn't the first time that someone offered us their old underwear. What's up with that?

Default Washed?

Times are hard in the south, we drive used buses.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost