Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Motor Coach Security

The original owner of our bus traveled between Vegas and Vancouver and wanted to have as much security as possible. He had Marathon install both an alarm and strobe lights that flash, including the docking lights when the alarm is breached. I have accidently set off this device and it is really annoying.He also had the "Viper System" that talks to you when you get too close, this is really annoying and will go off if its rains, "Rain Stand Back, Rain Stand Back" The only thing he did not have were 50 caliber machine guns behind the lights.

Its our plan to avoid places where we feel uncomfortable, even when we stay in Walmarts we spend some time sizing up the location before we settle in. And if we are completely uncertain we do a search on the web for crime reports.

http://fisher.lib.virginia.edu/collections/stats/crime/

There are lots of sites, and some are more current than others, but it does provide a snapshot.

Side Story: While renting an RV in Europe and staying outside Copenhagen we had our motorhome vandalized, got everything, you name it, laptops, cameras, cash, the whole deal. I filed a police report and made a claim with my insurance company (USAA). had never made a claim for 35 years. This was a big one, over $15K. They took 3 months before they paid the claim and then excluded all computer equipment from my home owners policy, really nice people. PS> Electronic cameras are considered computers. Can't win with insurance no matter how good you have been.

wrongagain Guest

I must admit that the whole motorcoach security thing concerns me.
    It does have an alarm, but...
    I have a concealed carry permit in a couple states but once I am out of those areas I dont dare.
    Nothing seems more unpleasant to me than trying to get out of a jail cell in some other state.
    I suppose it isnt an issue for most of you guys "going by the pictures I have seen on this site" but I look like anyone of the guys from your local bike club.
    Kind of ZZ Top, biker, hippie, you know, long beard, pony tail, leather, black sun glasses, etc.
    Cops just love to talk to me.
    And leaving a firearm unattended in the bus seems wrong and is illegal here.
    I could put it in the safe but thats not going to help me, and if I was breaking in to steal, the safe would be my primary objective.
    So I am left with any number of impact weapons, bats, knives, etc.
    Outside of the bus, I am fairly safe, because as I mentioned earlier, I look like one of the people who are going to rob you.
    And for the most part mutants and thieves leave their own alone.
    My usual interactions with people are,...which band is on the bus and can they meet them.

I thought Jerry Garcia was dead. I love your line: "for the most part mutants and thieves leave their own alone".

You really should attend more rallies, or maybe I should.

The gun deal gets dicey when you plan on heading into Canada and frankly I hope to never need such force. Hope that my 2 tire thumpers will do the trick.
    Attached Images Attached Images

wrongagain Guest

Jerry garcia is clean cut, in comparison.
    Think more along the lines of those 60's biker movies.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Thanks for the heads up Ed it is always nice to be prepaired. So ya kinda look like Chalupka

Am I getting closer? Which image best reflects the correct profile in your opinion. Its like getting fitted for glasses. I think image #2 might fit best with the Mutant theme.
    Attached Images Attached Images

wrongagain Guest

Closer to image 1

That is a relief. Although #2 is really Mango at the last rally. There is no telling about this crowd.

Where in Eastern Ma. are you from, I'm guessing Salisbury Beach area, that my best guess for today.

wrongagain Guest

About 20 miles west of boston.
    Framingham, Natick, Wellesley, Weston, Dover, Sherborn, that area.
    Between rte 128 and rte 495 a couple of miles from the mass pike.
    Last edited by wrongagain; 10-22-2008 at 02:39 PM. Reason: because I can

Quote Originally Posted by wrongagain View Post
    Jerry garcia is clean cut, in comparison.
    Think more along the lines of those 60's biker movies.

Have you seen the new TV show " Sons of Anarchy"

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/orig.../#Nav/Homepage

Which one of them characters are you most like ? They might even be tame compared to the actually 60's biker dudes ?

Gary S.