Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Motor Coach Security

wrongagain Guest

Never have seen it, but it strikes me as "melrose place" on motorcycles.

I like traveling with one or more of my dogs. They bark a lot. I don't know how effective they would be in a crunch. My 12 guage sometimes accompanies me. I'm always cautious at night at stations, etc. and will not stop or park in rest areas at night.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Gary,

I don't have a dog to bark anymore, but like you I enjoy the company of my 12 guage trench gun and it's little friend 40 cal.
    John Knollmaier
    Still Dreaming!

You know I think there were about 7 or 8 coaches full of dogs, some with the windows open, in Pahrump and not one of them barked when Jello Jeep was out doing his dastardly deeds.

I think Flyboy had a pack of dogs in his coach; not a peep.

Of course if you have even driven by a taco stand with the windows up, this dog will smell it on you and bark.....

Fat%20Beagle%20Rally%20Opening.jpg

Default I Hate It When Your Butt Wedges in the Chair

Of course we know where this dog gets his girth........

locbutt.jpg

This is the second time this has happened. Maybe someone has had a similar situation with their alarm. I went out today to get something out of the coach, when I opened the front door the Alarm went off. The horn starts beeping. I turned it off using my keypad. Usually the door is locked by me using the keypad, or locked by me using my key fob. I don't know how the door would be unlocked and the alarm on. I did not use a key fob or the keypad prior to opening the door.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Lightbulb

If you can apply this to your situation.

When I did some work on the bus I disconnected the batteries at the switch.

After and when I turned the master switches back on, I noticed a red led at the front door blinking. I asked Jon what that might be and he said that my alarm was activated. I used the fob to turn it off.
    Were you doing anything that might be similar.

Also, could you have pushed the alarm key fob accidentally?

JIM

One word.......CARRY. Check local laws related to handguns, but usually even a long-gun will be work in most states.
    Michael & Debra
    04 Marathon H3-45 0851
    Matching ATC Silver Trek Stacker
    TOAD: Jeep Gladiator
    Houston, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by ken&ellen View Post
    In an earlier post by Bill Adams on Prevost-Stuff he had commented on the ease of forced entry to the Prevost bedroom windows. Then last week Lew had mentioned the " jailer " who goes from compartment to compartment with a large set of keys. Belt fed firearms aside, Jerry, what is the consensus of the group as to security aboard the motor coach....either on the road or in a campground. Electronic security? Defensive weapons? Lighting around the coach? Guard animals?
    According to a report quoted in a past issue of FMCA 65% of RV's are thought to have some type of weapon aboard; therefore the criminal element avoids this segment of the traveling population. Is this overstated?
    As always your opinions or comments are valued. Thanks. Ken & Ellen
    Refreshing this thread......perhaps consider carrying the Byrna range of non-lethal fire arms. https://byrna.com/ and if the shotgun is your thing.....well, they now have a 12-guage shell that is interesting..... https://byrna.com/products/less-leth...uge-round-10ct check it out. We keep a couple onboard. One in the back bedroom, one in the salon (hidden but easy access) and then we keep something super simple yet works well since when sleeping in the back with the generator on one can not often hear what is happening up front per se.......ring camera pointed at the front area linked to a ring chime in the bedroom and driver's area that announces if something breaks the camera's plane of sight. Deterrent, yes. We also put a wireless camera in the front corner of the front windshield where one can clearly see the blue light on when passing it. Works well. Check out the YouTube videos on Byrna and you will see, it will be a game changer. Nobody gets killed and then again, no worrying about legalities of being in certain states with a loaded firearm. Being from Texas we consider this to be a right, but that isn't everywhere, so, we have the Byrna as well. Also, it doesn't hurt that when they approach the coach they see the https://nrastore.com/departments/acc...e-people-decal or the https://nrastore.com/nra-accessories...lex-3d-emblems decals posted in the corner of the glass......
    Michael & Debra
    04 Marathon H3-45 0851
    Matching ATC Silver Trek Stacker
    TOAD: Jeep Gladiator
    Houston, Texas

Very interesting thread, I'm conceal carry but its always a good bet to carry the 12ga. I will be looking into the Byrna 12ga shells, thanks for the great info Michael.
    Jerry & Pam
    1993 Marathon XL40