Las Vegas: I dry camped at The Hard Rock Hotel for 2 or 3 nights and not so much as a knock on the door. They had ample parking outside their main parking garage for the rig. Quite enough and we made $1,000 at the black jack tables to boot.

Circus Circus lot is very boring and no shade. About 5 miles from the strip is a super nice lot with super nice pools (adult and kids pools), on site restaurant and only $15 cab ride to the strip if you want. Forget the name. A small chain of the upper class RV Camps but doesn't come to mind off the bat. Go there instead of Cirucs Circus KOA if you want to plug in. If you want to dry camp, Hard Rock Hotel.

For Santa Monica area, there is a killer RV park in Malibu which is about 15 miles north of Santa Monica or so. Nice cliff views right over the ocean but the managers bug me each day if I didn't pay the rent right at 12 noon. If you search posts by me you'll find a photos I posted of the spot we had which was on the point and the best view. You can hear the ocean but not the traffic from this place.

The park some people refer to near LAX and just south of Santa Monica has a 37' limit to it. I showed up with a 45'. If you have a 40' who knows ? I got the polite cold shoulder and was able to roll in to make a u-turn and dump my tanks is all.

Good luck.