Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone familiar with an Amadas conversion?

Default Amadas

The owners of Amadas are close friends of a business partner of mine. I have meet Jimmy Adam's the owner several times and seen quite a few of their coach's. They even stored one at my shop for a couple months, big black H3 with a play pen back lounge. It was cool.

Last I talk to them they built maybe 12-15 units a year, Nascar, corporate units, and a few motor coachs. I was just in a new Liberty at Prevost in Mira Loma, now that was impressive.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Jack

Its in your profile. Sounds very exciting and a lot of fun. Are the Dodge guys allowed to run the new 5.7 Hemi?

I forgot about my profile,we use the cup approved stuff.I also have some older cars,86 buick driven by Morgan Shepard,91 olds driven by Joe Rutman,and 89 pontiac driven by Richard Petty(it is on loan to a musem).All the GM cars use the Chevrolet 18 degree or the SB 2.The Dodge or Chevrolet motors in a cup configuration(358 cubic inch) will make about 840 horse power and about 540 foot pounds of torque.In road racing we are more interested in big torque numbers than horsepower.we also want the torque to be above 500 from 6000 to 9000 rpm.The motors today are much better than they were10 or 15 years ago.Our next race is in june at Watkins Glen,my transporter will haul 5 cars,and we are taking 4 cup cars and 1 trans am car.

ken&ellen Guest

Default Amadas Coach, Suffolk, VA

As a former resident of Suffolk I got the opportunity to visit their shop a couple of times. I do not believe they build more than 5-6 units per year. Jimmy's family have built farm implements in Suffolk for many years and Jimmy got into the business through his racing contacts. Jimmy has been in racing for many years. Nice people; however they had offered to update my Liberty last fall, but when the time came to do the work they turned us away because of their NASCAR business. If anyone purchases a Amadas Coach and requires attention....NASCAR customers will come first. In my opinion they are not in the same league with Liberty, Marathon, Parliament, nor Millennium Coach. This is just my 2 cents. Ken