Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: coach ?

I'm fairly sure of the following, but take it with a grain of salt.

If my memory is correct George Strait had that coach built for his personal use. When it was built the living area was not as it is now, but had 4 blue leather "Captain's" chairs for seating.

I suspect it was used when he was touring, but I do not remember if it was so his family could join him, or if it was just a higher quality coach for him rather than the typical entertainer coach.

If I am correct, somewhere deep in the archives of the FMCA magazine is an article on that specific coach and George Strait

ajhaig Guest

Thanks for all the great input. I spoke with the guy at Panterra Coach today. Apparently the motor was replaced in 2001 for about $14,000+ and has been driven (by what sounds like the second owner) for about 30,000 miles since 2001.

One quirk is that there has never been a cook top on the coach and the sink is small (bar style). A larger sink and two burner cook top can be added without much difficulty.

It sounds like it has been very well maintained.

I'm going to try and get out to see it in the next week or so... Joe, I'll give you a call to see if you are around.

If this was an Entertainer (which it was, albeit a high quality one) should it trade at a discount?

Many thanks.

AJ

Lightbulb

If this was an Entertainer (which it was, albeit a high quality one) should it trade at a discount?

Many thanks.

AJ[/QUOTE]

AJ, I think not. This is not the ordinary striped, bare bones entertainer bus. Of course try to get the best price you can, but after all this is a Marathon conversion. You have windows and most of the amenities you require.

It would be easier and cheaper to add the missing sink and stove then to buy a different bus and reconfigure it to have the bunk beds.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I think it is a bit of a stretch to call this floor plan an entertainer.

The fact that you will have to upgrade the kitchen(that is currently set up like many VIP charter kitchens) should help drive the price down some but a true entertainer has 12 to 15 bunks creating conciderable work to set it up for motorhome, hence the greatly lower prices for them.

If anything this camper actually has elements of all 3 floor plans
    Entertainer, VIP Charter and Motorhome.

Is AJ nearing that eureka moment?

Maaaaaaaybeeeee.

May the force be with you.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 05-21-2007 at 09:17 PM.

AJ, I cannot speak for others, but in the context of our discussions here an entertainer coach in my opinion is a completely different conversion than a motorhome conversion such as the Marathon you are looking at.

First, the converters that made our coaches install systems that make the coach self contained and that are appropriate for someone to live in. They are built durably for a long life. The floor plan rarely varies from a front living room, center kitchen, followed by a bath area, and in the rear, a master bedroom.

The driver's area is open to the living area.

An entertainer coach is primarily built for the band or technicians. The interior is more institutional in design and construction. The layout is often created to provide the maximum number of sleeping spaces, with a front sitting area, a small snack area, bunks and bath area, and a rear sitting area or stateroom.

The driver area is often enclosed and separate from the rest of the coach. While the occupants are sleeping or relaxing, a professional driver is up front pounding the highway.

The converters of entertainer coaches generally do not make motorhomes.

The systems in an entertainer coach are minimal, and bay space for the storage of equipment or instruments is more highly prized than having lots of batteries or inverters or holding tank capacity.