Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice. New 2000 XLV LLC. Want to install permanent Sat TV and Wi-Fi device?

Default Need advice. New 2000 XLV LLC. Want to install permanent Sat TV and Wi-Fi device?

We are new to POG. Love reading through the threads and learning a lot. Thanks to all of you for your expertise and hospitality to new owners. We just took delivery of a 2000 XLV Liberty Lady Classic from Steve Bennett at Arizona Luxury RV. He’s awesome. RV is going through some quick repairs and updating.

My question is what permanent exterior or interior mount device will give our 3 Samsung Smart (lol) TV’s the Wi-Fi connection while traveling plus give us 99% reliability in most areas for onboard WiFi so we aren’t reliant on poor RV resort Wi-Fi?

I have read many threads but it is all flying over my head. It’s just so complex or too complicated for me to even communicate to our RV updating folks. I want to say “Install X on our roof, or in the front TV bay so we can have both internet and Satellite TV while mobile or stationary.

Does it even exist? We had our old Direct TV and OTA antennas removed from the roof. Want a clean look and don’t want stuff on the roof that we won’t use or is outdated technology. I know how to use the cable connectors to screw in OTA antennas for each TV but that would be a back up plan B.

Really hoping someone can offer advice that says “buy this, do this, and you are set”. If that simplicity doesn’t exist, I understand that different people want different capacities or flexibility in their system. I just want (actually need simple) advice.

Thank you all in advance for any advice. I know technology has advanced so much and I am lagging. If the advice is mi-if’s, apples, pep waves, you will loose me completely. Sorry to suggest I can’t comprehend, it’s just a hope that technology and your recent experiences have opened the doors for a simple plug and play system for an RV with three smart TVs and the need for my own WiFi.

Again thank you all.
    Ryan & Joan
    2000 Prevost XLV Lady Liberty Classic

Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome,

I just joined as well. I think we maybe the only people on the board . I've posted questions and its been crickets.

I bought a starlink and had it made flat to mount to the roof. Works great. the router that comes with the starlink is all I use and seems to work great.

Joe

Joe, do you have an image of how it is mounted and how they ran the wiring to the main AV area? We may be the only two on here today. Welcome to the Prevost family.
    Ryan

Sorry….should have asked who made the mount or is it something that can be purchased or was it easy for your person to do? If you have a picture I am sure our guys could duplicate it closely. Thank you.

"I just joined as well. I think we maybe the only people on the board . I've posted questions and its been crickets."

I think most of the activity is on the FB group these days.
    Clint and Tammy Summers
    Atlanta GA / Lenior City TN
    2000 Prevost Royale XL 45
    1977 Wanderlodge FC-31

Good Morning!

"Really hoping someone can offer advice that says “buy this, do this, and you are set”. If that simplicity doesn’t exist, I understand that different people want different capacities or flexibility in their system. I just want (actually need simple) advice."

Your statement above is spot on ... I have never seen two people with the same needs, space, budget, ability to operate the system, etc. This topic is very involved and difficult to do via text. If I were you I would call the folks at Mobile Must Have and they will be able to talk you through this and help you decide what is best for you and do it in a way that may be scalable in the future.

https://mobilemusthave.com/

I also dont mind talking more about it on the phone to get you started. 214-549-4979

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Welcome Ryan & Joan and also Joe.....well for me with new HD technologies and streaming being more prevalent now days, I got rid of my satellite dish and bought a Peplink router and antenna from Mobile Must Haves with the external antenna mounted on the front roof cap. I purchased three Roku enable HD TV's and just connect via cellular. It works very well and you can also connect to local HD channels via Roku so you not losing anything. Of course in motion you won't get any local channels just streaming channels. But I haven't had any issues with connectivity at campsites. So for me Starlink was just a bit out of my comfort zone on pricing. Also with the Peplink antenna you get two cellular channels, two WiFi channels and one GPS channels with the 5-channel and they also have a 7-channel antenna. I use Verizon as my cellular service and like I mentioned....no issues with connectivity.
    Jerry & Pam
    1993 Marathon XL40

Jerry: More than Ryan probably wants to know ... but my lovely bride works full time while I am driving. So for us we needed full connectivity while in motion moving from one tower to another so that she is not dropped from Teams and Zoom meetings. We are using the Peplink router with two sim cards, one Verizon and one T-mobile. We also port in the stand alone AT&T hot spot using AT&T. Then using Peplink's Speedfusion cloud service, all three wireless plans are aggregated to create a very stable connection. Works great for us. Most people will not need this kind of set up.

Like you at the time we put this system together, we had reservations with the Starlink pricing and they were just starting to license their equipment to be truly mobile and there were too many rules governing the service. From what I understand this is much better now.

There are so many options and so many variables that one really needs to work through this with someone personally.
    We started with the great resources from the Mobile Internet Resource center. Then when they partnered with Mobile Must Have we included them for the Peplink purchases. Both are great resources and very knowledgeable.

All of our video is streamed. We have not connected to park cable, raised an antenna or satellite dish for years.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Yes Mark you have all the bases covered for connectivity. We're not full time yet but I am retiring next month so we are exploring maybe a semi full-time. I just like having the brick and mortar handy for now....got too much stuff mainly tools and equipment, my retirement job will probably be classic car restoration...love those muscle cars! So I will need to have a site for that and also along with maybe a little drag racing with my younger brother....huh I will only be working on them not driving..LOL Yes but I love the Peplink setup its been great and I do like the local channels while docked.
    Jerry & Pam
    1993 Marathon XL40

It seems many posts are very old tome too. Wondering where e crowd is. I was guessing it might have been my question but maybe the group isn’t as big as it once was. Sad. I thought I was joining an active group of passionate owners willing to help one another. Thanks for the reply. Happy you are here.