Thread: Powertech generator 20 kw

Default Powertech generator 20 kw

Having problems with my Power tech generator

1) as soon as the generator fires on with the switch the squirrel cage fan starts up in the next bay to blow air across the radiator, then in 1 second stops and never starts again leading to overheating and shutdown.

2) The generator now for some reason does not start charging or supplying electric power to the coach. In the past I would hear a click and the generator lug slightly and we were charging. Now nothing.

We did just get the generator serviced and hope it could be something stupid.

Joe

Coach is a featherlite xl2 2009

Hello Joe, welcome to the Group.
    In our H345 Featherlite with a 17.5kw Powertec and were experiencing the same problem with Generator Starting normally then immediately Shutting off due to Overheat Protection. The Fan was the culprit due to a Power problem to the Fan. Thinking back, a Fuse blown comes to mind. Good luck Joe.
    It looks like you're from Montana, we're just up the Street from you in ol Alberta!
    Pipeliner Prevost.

I have seen serving firms turn off the main breaker on the generator and then forget to turn it back on when they are done.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Hey Joe,
    Powertech has been very helpful in the past. Here's a Contact:
    Jeff in the Service Dept. will answer questions and Email Manuals if needed. (352) 435 4416. M-F 8am - 4:30 in Florida.