Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liberty Inverters/Shore Power

Tom,

Think that through carefully. As long as you never power the circuits from inverters and shorepower at the same time it sounds like your equivalent of a mechanical transfer switch will be OK, but I see bad stuff happening if the shore power is on the circuit and the inverter is also trying to power the same circuit.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Now that makes more sence to me.

Our inverter has that switch, I had to replace it, it was bad.

So back to the original question. If this is the case why is it nessesary for Lee to have to leave his inverter on while away? Why would they build a bus without it, like Toms?
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 05-15-2007 at 05:04 AM.

Joe,

If Lee turns off his inverters I don't think the relay closes to allow shore power to go to the refrigerator circuit.

Unless someone has modified Lee's coach (and almost every other) the inverters need to be on. Lee's original question about current draw tripping a 20 AMP circuit is actually more related to his battery charger settings and circuits. On the low settings he can leave the inverters and chargers (4 separate circuit breakers in our Libertys) "on" and not only keep the fridge working, but keep the batteries topped off.

Lee Bornstein Guest

Jon:
    Can't prove it but it's my educated guess that all 8 circuit breakers on my power panel labeled "Line 1 Inverter" are powered only as inverter loads and only operate if inverters are ON (4 circuits on Inv #1 and 4 Circuits on Inv #2).

If I turn off inverters while plugged in to shore power or Generator those circuits are DEAD.

Im at the farm right now plugged into a 20A circuit running one Charger with DIP switches set to limit a 20A draw. Inverters are both on and inverter breakers are off except for fridge. Power draw at this moment is 10A and all should be OK while I'm gone.

JIm:
    As far as the dog goes - I have an 18month old Std Longhaired Dachshund and am going to Northe Platte, Nebraska tomorrow to pick up 10 Wk old Std LongHaired Dachshund then return to Marshalltown IA thursday, pickup coach and continue north to Wisconsin and Canada.

Entering into canada - dogs over 3 months of age need Rabies certificate or will be required to have vaccination within a specified time period with proof being shown to authorities.

Lee, if you have any questions about your load on the 20 amp circuit just read the amps off your panel. Unless you load up the batteries with lights or some other loads your chargers will draw very little and the fridge will draw about 5 or 6 amps.

Wink Long Haired Music Comes In Many Forms

Sounds good Lee, Hope the dog or (_i_ch) is everything you were expecting. I think you will be having a (hand full ) on this trip. No animals between the driver and the wheel now. You Hear!
    The medical requirements for dogs then are not as stiff as I thought (such as for horses).
    Have fun!
    JIM

Lee Bornstein Guest

Coach ran flawlessly on 20A for 3 days. One charger limited to 20A kept Batteries topped off and only inverter load was fridge.

Minimum power drain was 2A with batteries charged and fridge compressor off.
    When Fridge Compressor ON, load jumped up another 6Amps.

Lee, Barb, Jack & Jude
    Camped on the banks of the Zumbro River near Rochester MN on our way to Frostbite Falls, MN

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bornstein View Post
    Coach ran flawlessly on 20A for 3 days. One charger limited to 20A kept Batteries topped off and only inverter load was fridge.

Minimum power drain was 2A with batteries charged and fridge compressor off.
    When Fridge Compressor ON, load jumped up another 6Amps.

Lee, Barb, Jack & Jude
    Camped on the banks of the Zumbro River near Rochester MN on our way to Frostbite Falls, MN
    Lee, This sounds great throw in a picture or two.

win42 Guest

Jim, What the H are you dragging a dog into the important subject of storage, inverters and chargers. Keep the thread creep to yourself. Your not required to comment on every thread that gets posted. That priveledge is reserved for the Lewster & I.

Harry,

I hope Lee's post about current draw assures you that storing the new baby with only 15 amp of shore power should prove to be no problem at all.

(Jim, sorry for hijacking your thread!)