Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Prevost,

Default New to Prevost,

We would like th say hello to everyone, we will be taking possession of our new to us 1992 Prevost soon , right now it is in my shop getting some problems fixed . Like the aqua-hot boiler froze and split the domestic coil ! And some other small problems ! We just spent 3 years in our 1985 Bluebird Pt 40 name Ribbitt. Ribbitt will be going back to the west cost in April with the new owners.we’re not full time! Just some long trips. We look forward to our travels in the new bus .by the way my name is Bob and my wife is Leah.

Welcome. I have a 1992 Country Coach.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

Great to meet you Bob

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Welcome Bob! I have a 93 Marathon XL (92 chassis).
    Jerry & Pam
    1993 Marathon XL40

Hi Jerry and Pam are you referencing Bob and Leah ? We are glad to be on board with Prevost ! I am doing some repairs to the one we will have in April apparently it was never winterized properly☹️ and now I have a problem with starting it from the front with the key��☹️

Well we are still working to get our 1992 prevoest road ready , the aquahot is in Co. Now it will be back in 3 weeks or so ? In the mine time fixing some other problems the toilet air valve broke ! Got the new one today ! Still have not figured out why. It will not start from the front key🤔 and I will recipe the water supply’s to the kitchen sink because the filter to the refrigerator and instant hot froze and broke! Good thing I am in the plumbing and heating business 👍

Yeah Bob I definitely understand freezing issues being here in the Midwest. My first winter somehow I didn't completely get all the water out of lines up to the pumps on the passenger side water bay and had a busted pipe in the spring. Luckily I was right there when the system was pressurized and was able to shut down the water right away. I was originally trained on ship fire main systems working at a Naval Shipyard back in my younger days and do my own plumbing also. Not sure if you mentioned the coach will start from the rear or not, but if it does then your problem is more than likely electrical up front. Also the rear 3 position switch should be in the normal position to operate the ignition key.
    Last edited by prevonubie; 03-15-2024 at 11:07 PM.
    Jerry & Pam
    1993 Marathon XL40

Hi everyone, I am new and paid up to this forum as well...have been a lurker for several years.
    We have a Marathon 2008 XL2 45...third-owner.
    Presently I am broke down with a failed Kohler 20kW generator which I presented in another topic area herein. It has a failed main stator.
    We travel during the warm seasons throughout the 48 states. Coached is parked in heated storage in winters. We are just part-timers for now.
    We did get caught in an early winter October storm on a trek from MN to NM...weather was snow/ice for 1000 miles with temps about 5 degrees. The coach stayed totally warm and livable, no freezeups even for an overnight boondock in kansas. The heat sources from the main engine, the generator and the webasto heater all worked well together to keep things from a major freezeup. Only real complaint on that trip is that the xenon headlights would ice over due to lack of heat in the lamp...makes for limited night-time driving during bad weather. For a heavy vehicle the Prevost certainly stuck to the road.
    Only other major issue so far was with the forward slideout seal which blew last year while in Colorado during a monsoon rainstorm...Yikes! Prevost Dallas replaced that during a 2-day visit there.
    I need yet to post a thumbnail photo as well as figure out the signature block.
    Hello to everyone from Mark & Marlene... m&m

Welcome Mark & Marlene!
    Jerry & Pam
    1993 Marathon XL40

We Have M&M's in the house! Welcome
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach