Thread: New house battery time

Default New house battery time

We're running a Monoco 1995 40' XL and it's time for new house batteries. We have two Zantrex Freedom 458 inverters and 6 lifeline GPL 8DL Batteries. I checked with Zantrex and they tell me these inverters will work fine in the flooded cell mode with Lithium batteries with the following cavet. Charging will shut off at 90%. If on shore power you can trick it into a full charge by disconnecting the shore cord and plugging it back for an hour before you're ready to hit the road.

I found the Zantrex 240 AH lithium batteries at a good price. I'm assuming these are quality batteries??? Anyone have any comments on these batteries.
    Last edited by ELucast; 08-07-2023 at 09:48 PM.

There are a lot and i mean a lot of YouTube channels with content related to your exact question and RV implementation.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

Nothing about Zantrex Lithium batteries on YouTube except an ad from Zantrex,
    But thanks for info

The Lucast my friend, I would double check your spelling. Do you mean Xantrex?
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

If your house batteries can be charged from the engine alternator, dont forget to take that into account. That system will not be set up to properly charge lithium batteries.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Im not a fan of marrying LI batteries with inverters that are not LI aware. Seems like a pile of mismatch problems to be encountered, including the engine alternator issues mentioned by Mark. Given the extreme price difference, I'm not sure why you'd dive into the LI direction. Boondock a lot? perhaps some solar panels would be a better investment.

Curious as to your logic in justifying LI cost.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/