Thread: Ford Bronco Disconnect

Default Ford Bronco Disconnect

Is anyone out there towing a ‘21 Ford Bronco- Badlands, or maybe newer? The Bronco has an electronic transmission disconnect and when it disengages, you always get verification that it did so and we go 1 step further by riding in the vehicle for the first 50’-100’ to verify that is is indeed freewheeling. Every time we tow our Bronco and get to our destination, we smell something similar to a burnt clutch. After towing the Bronco 3-4 times, we were driving it down the highway and the transmission locked up on us and wouldn’t go forward or backward and had some wicked grinding. On our last trip, the vehicle wouldn’t come out of 4WH. Our local Ford dealer service manager says that he has had no Broncos come in for that problem and is not at all aware of such a problem. However, I do recognize that probably only 1:100 get towed??

Thank you in advance for comments.

I hope you get this sorted. I was reading the other day about someone that had similar problems and had to get the dealer to look at it multiple times. Even then I am not sure that they came up with a solution but did have to replace the trans. I do not remember the model but I was thinking that it was a Ford. I could be wrong.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

So we have a 2022 Bronco and tow behind our bus and I do smell that same odd smell after towing. Haven’t had any other issues yet and have probably towed it 4,000 miles so far. We Just got to Utah and was about to have the dealer check it out to see if all is ok. I do see the “Park Assist” line get has just come on but was figuring that was a loose wire I was going to chase down.
    Kirk & Donna
    2006 Country Coach
    2022 Ford Bronco