Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi, we're new.

jelmore Guest

Default Hi, we're new.

We did it. Thanks for all of your advice. You are a very helpful, fun group. We're looking forward to our new adventure and hope we can hook up with you all at the next rally.

We're in a 2000 Liberty Classic, #436. Looked at it in Orlando, picked it up in Chicago. The previous owner was a fascinating, very weathly man who had a driver. The coach was used as transportation for his wife because she didn't like flying on his Citation. They never stayed on it, never did a load of laundry. It's pristine. We'll sure try to keep it that way, but we're going to live on it for a while. I promise we'll take good care of it.

What an experience . . . the search, insurance, licensing, financing.

And the things I've learned already!!!! Never park on grass unless you know it won't rain. I didn't know it was going to rain. The lady said park it there in that spot. Ok. Two days and two hundred dollars later we're finally out. Bless the big rig tow guys. This one knew how to winch.

In the last couple of years, it has some new parts: awning control box and arms, water system accumulator, water pump, bus air compressor and clutch, batteries, tank sentry, interter overhaul. I wonder what our contribution will be!!!

There's an electrical issue with charging from the alternator, but I'll take that up in another forum.

Thanks again for all your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Jim and Linda. Beautiful Coach. Welcome to POG . The Adventure begins!
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Welcome

Welcome aboard. You find the assorted fruits & nuts around here a fun bunch to chat with, and a wealth of information hiding between all the good natured sarcasm and ribbing.

win42 Guest

Welcome to the asylim Jim and Linda. We are going to be cell mates as Shirley and I purchased a 2000 Liberty at the last POG outing in Kerrville. Were flying to Tulsa to pick it up the day after tomorrow. You'll love the group and learn to appreciate Jon's fantastic experiance with his Liberty's. That's a scary list of replacements, I hope we are not going to experiance anything like it. Our maiden voyage from Tulsa to Reno will be without benefit of any tools on board. Enjoy the group and make the next POGlV.

Congratulations, Jim.

You will find that the best thing you can do for your new coach is to use it frequently. The second best thing is to hang out here and trade insults and information.

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by win42 View Post
    We are going to be cell mates as Shirley and I purchased a 2000 Liberty at the last POG outing in Kerrville. Were flying to Tulsa to pick it up the day after tomorrow.
    Is this the green one at Tulsa RV with Jerry and Don? That's the one Linda saw and said "I could live on this."

Congratulations. We're in Tulsa, so get in touch if you have time to get together.

Welcome Jim & Linda, beautiful bus, for your new endeaver. What a fortunate find.

Our group of Jims is growing fast.

Jim & Linda,

Congratulations, the bus looks great! Have they taught you the secret Liberty hand shake yet? Beware of the LED weenies, they'll have you looking like a Vegas Hotel going down the road, but they never drive at night!

It has come to my attention that we have exceeded our "Jim" limit.

I won't name names, but you know who you are. There are so many of you, that those of us in the starting stages of dementia can no longer keep track.

So I am asking for volunteers from the "Jim" crowd for name changes.

And BTW, no simple letter changes will be allowed. We already have a Kim and Tim for example.

Now, back to our regular programming....

Jim & Linda,

Beautiful Liberty! Welcome to POG, glad to have you aboard. These guys are the best at solving problems and giving out helpful info.

Hope to meet you at POG IV.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot