Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: forum

Last I heard, Joe retired and in enjoying life along with redoing his beloved Peter built.

With out POG we wouldn't have Prevost Expo...
    Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

Well as a relatively new Prevost owner going into our third year, this site has been invaluable in helping me learn and understand various things about my coach. As mentioned earlier there may be other options but the reliability of the information and vast knowledge base of all things Prevost is second to none and this is my go to. I don't post much overall as usually what I need is already here and easily found.
    Kirk & Donna
    2006 Country Coach
    2022 Ford Bronco

Had him at the house working on the H3 about a month ago.

Good. Glad to hear he's "still kicking"!
    Marathon XLII

Quote Originally Posted by twslp View Post
    WHY HAS IT GOTTON SO QUIET ON THE SITE.?.
    Was wondering the same thing. Trying to contribute more, and this site is by and far the best for it. Do not have other unsocial media, so rely on this info here.
    Michael & Debra
    04 Marathon H3-45 0851
    Matching ATC Silver Trek Stacker
    TOAD: Jeep Gladiator
    Houston, Texas

I read the forms every day, very valuable information, but I do not post much
    Fredo
    2002 Prevost American XII Double Slide

After years of searching we’ve only recently purchased our coach. I check in almost daily to read any new posts and often spend hours reading old posts trying to figure out systems etc. Hopefully we’ll know enough to contribute in the future.
    Thank you all for contributing to such a wealth of knowledge!
    Michael & Kim w/Fancy
    2000 Country Coach
    Gaffney, SC

Quote Originally Posted by PrevostNewbie View Post
    Facebook does have some good info but not like this site does. I am a member of all the Prevost, Bus, Wanderlodge, Bluebird, Detroit and many other FB groups and IMO 75% of the stuff is either completely incorrect, someone with an agenda, or t-shirt sales. Here on this site, I think we have somehow lost the community part of what was an amazing place to come, chat, and talk busses. If you go back and read posts from the early days there was lots of technical and non technical bus related interaction amongst the members. I don't feel we do a very good job of that anymore, can it be fixed, sure it can. An example I have today of a thriving forum based site is the Wanderlodge Owners Group site. This site has sometimes a hundred posts a day. These guys are engaging and passionate about what they have and what they do. We get together in January every year, 50 busses or so in our group and talk busses most of the time we are there. These guys host Tech talks, Tool discussions, and many other fun activities to bring people together. I hope we can build a community here like it was in the Heyday but it will take all of us.
    I was an admin on WOG for many years, and you're right - it's a totally different vibe. WOG is incredibly active and just an amazing community - not nearly as fractured as the Prevost community is. FB POG is by far the most active but as previously mentioned - there's a lot of noise, but at least you do get a response in two or three hours. But FB is just not the right tool for organized technical discussion.

A couple of key things that I think helped WOG become what it is today are: 1. The FB WOG admin(s) are pretty aggressive at pushing all technical discussion to the forum, simply because most of the Wanderlodge brain trust is only on the forum and it's a better tool for information storage, search and retrieval, and archive. 2. The WOG owner also owns the Wanderlodge IP and is hyper active on the forum, he does not do FB. So if you want access to his knowledge and his ability to source parts, you need to be on the forum.

The biggest challenge going forward for WOG is new (young) owners are challenged by the vBulletin forum UI, its image handling clunkiness, and the lack of a really good mobile app.
    Clint and Tammy Summers
    Atlanta GA / Lenior City TN
    2000 Prevost Royale XL 45
    1977 Wanderlodge FC-31