Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: forum

Default forum

WHY HAS IT GOTTON SO QUIET ON THE SITE.?.
    99 marathon xlv 45 #547 red ram 4x4

Good Question, I have noticed this here also, that being said the engagement on other sites has been increasing. If you look at the Home page, you can see how may visitors are currently viewing topics. For me I still check in daily to see what else I can learn.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

same here. just not as busy as once was.

I think a lot of discussion has moved to FB forum. Not a huge FB fan, but I do follow this group there along with others that once had active online sites until FB got so popular.

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

Facebook does have some good info but not like this site does. I am a member of all the Prevost, Bus, Wanderlodge, Bluebird, Detroit and many other FB groups and IMO 75% of the stuff is either completely incorrect, someone with an agenda, or t-shirt sales. Here on this site, I think we have somehow lost the community part of what was an amazing place to come, chat, and talk busses. If you go back and read posts from the early days there was lots of technical and non technical bus related interaction amongst the members. I don't feel we do a very good job of that anymore, can it be fixed, sure it can. An example I have today of a thriving forum based site is the Wanderlodge Owners Group site. This site has sometimes a hundred posts a day. These guys are engaging and passionate about what they have and what they do. We get together in January every year, 50 busses or so in our group and talk busses most of the time we are there. These guys host Tech talks, Tool discussions, and many other fun activities to bring people together. I hope we can build a community here like it was in the Heyday but it will take all of us.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

I also agree that things have been a little quieter than normal. We always go through cycles of ups and downs, and the different seasons of the year have an impact on participation on the forum. Many members just read and never post, and there is nothing wrong with that. This site has always been known for the willingness of members to help each other by answering questions and providing input that usually leads to a resolution of any particular problem. Most of the threads on the forum are started in response to a problem or question someone is dealing with. Hopefully, everyone will get back in the swing of things and share their knowledge as well as their good and bad bus experiences so others can learn from them.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

yes, well said. I am not a fb reader. see some things on the site but do not follow it. and I do go to the other sites and have found some good info. this site is my favorite. and I am guilty of not sharing as much as I should. will try to do better. thanks everyone...

Hi Gang,

I have noticed over the years that things do get quiet sometimes - - but it always seems to pick back up at some point.

There are a lot of very smart people looking at the site every day - some just choose not to post.

The main difference between this site & the Facebook page is that FB is like being at a cocktail party - everyone has something to say whether they know what they are talking about or not. Kinda like being in the check out lane at Wal Mart. There are some on the FB page who do know what they are talking about and will comment there - but they usually come over to POG and can elaborate in more depth with those who better understand what they are talking about.

The other main difference between the two platforms is that even if someone does have a good - pertinent - point you will be hard pressed to find that info later - too much chatter. On the POG Forum you can search the database for most any questions you may have concerning a Prevost - the Forum has been online for about 25 years and the database is HUGE. Again - there are a lot of people who access the site every day and they are just searching the database for information - they never post.

Thanks

Jamie
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

I miss the posting of Joe Camper the most!

Me too. I always enjoyed reading his posts. What happened to him anyway?
    Marathon XLII