Thread: Credit where credit is due.

Default Credit where credit is due.

Credit where credit is due

Every once in a while us owners of older buses run into outstanding and knowledgeable people who we can rely on for great, honest service. People like Brian Gabel, for example, when it comes to electronics in Marathon buses of my vintage - 2001. Jeff Rowe and his crew at ETLC are also on my list. My latest "find" has to do with Prevost glass and is Glasstek in Sioux Falls, SD where I live. Ray and Brad can do it all with Prevost glass and additionally specialize in big equipment glass along with the usual auto glass things. They have done a windshield and several glass separations on awning side windows for me with top notch service from nice guys at a reasonable price. The awning window parts are obsolete and unavailable so getting things done on them requires some ingenuity and patience. They score high on both.

Recently, they spent a Saturday night in the rain replacing a Prevost windshield for a rock group doing a concert here. Bus hit a turkey and shattered a windshield on the way into town. (Hey, it is South Dakota) Done in an hour and a half and group was good to go by the time the concert was finished. It was a Hemphill Brothers unit and they had sent a driver with a new glass as soon as the bus hit town.

They travel and probably would do Provost service with a days drive of Sioux Falls. So if you are tired of folks who say "sure we can do that" and then can't even pronounce Prevost, these are your guys.

And, no, I am not related to them in any way. I just have an admiration for folks who can get things done - correctly.

Mike

Great to hear these stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybeaver View Post
    Credit where credit is due

Every once in a while us owners of older buses run into outstanding and knowledgeable people who we can rely on for great, honest service. People like Brian Gabel, for example, when it comes to electronics in Marathon buses of my vintage - 2001. Jeff Rowe and his crew at ETLC are also on my list. My latest "find" has to do with Prevost glass and is Glasstek in Sioux Falls, SD where I live. Ray and Brad can do it all with Prevost glass and additionally specialize in big equipment glass along with the usual auto glass things. They have done a windshield and several glass separations on awning side windows for me with top notch service from nice guys at a reasonable price. The awning window parts are obsolete and unavailable so getting things done on them requires some ingenuity and patience. They score high on both.

Recently, they spent a Saturday night in the rain replacing a Prevost windshield for a rock group doing a concert here. Bus hit a turkey and shattered a windshield on the way into town. (Hey, it is South Dakota) Done in an hour and a half and group was good to go by the time the concert was finished. It was a Hemphill Brothers unit and they had sent a driver with a new glass as soon as the bus hit town.

They travel and probably would do Provost service with a days drive of Sioux Falls. So if you are tired of folks who say "sure we can do that" and then can't even pronounce Prevost, these are your guys.

And, no, I am not related to them in any way. I just have an admiration for folks who can get things done - correctly.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Always great to be reminded that these people are still out there doing good work day in and day out.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament