Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Information about 40ft XL2s

Default Information about 40ft XL2s

I've decided on a Prevost XL2 and likely early 2000s because of cost. I really want a 40ft with at least 1 slide over a 45ft as length is an issue getting into our driveway and we only plan on using for day/weekend trips so extra space isn't necessary.

Is there any info about how many 40ft XL2s were made, how many had slides and any other info so we can narrow our search to specific years? Looks like they're pretty hard to find so numbers would helped immensely and save tons of time searching through every picture counting doors

40 ft XL2’s are a scarce commodity. Royale, made a few, and so did Angola, andcAmerican Coach. Country Coach built 5.. only one has a single slide but it was after market CC #60461. Marathon built a hand ful of 40’s XL2, maybe dozen from 2001, to 2004. too. Some have slides but they were installed by HWH, with headaches to match. Prevost built no factory equipped 40 footers with slides. Goof luck
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Thank you so much. Interesting that the factory didn't make the slides for 40s. I was hoping there was a build log of which numbers were 40 and such.

Prevost didn't put slides into any coaches in early 2000's. My 2001 got slides from HWH. My slides have been problem free (as long as I keep adding power steering fluid to the reservoir).
    Then Prevost quit making a 40' coaches. So that's likely why you'd have a hard time finding a 40' with Prevost slides.

Have you considered adjusting your driveway length to accommodate a 45' coach? Not really joking, as this would open up a plethora of choices. Your current parameters are going to make your search near impossible after waiting for one of these unique units to come up for sale.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

Joe;
    “My slides have been problem free (as long as I keep adding power steering fluid to the reservoir”

A couple of my HWH hydraulic rams were leaking and I had to occasionally fill the reservoir. I removed the rams and had them rebuilt. Problem fixed.

Chuck

My leakage is in one of the bedroom slide locking pins. Ever so slight, all outside.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

What was amazing was when I had the two rams out for the large front driver's side slide, I leaned into the slide to take a break and it moved in some. Couldn't believe that little bit of unintentional effort actually moved the slide. They are balanced very well.
    Had some hydraulic oil to clean up thought. 
    Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

I live in the woods and can fit my 37ft fine but its impossible to back out when i have a trailer. I can barely back in with a trailer just takes 30 turns and I'm assuming a 40ft would be worse but possible. With a 45 I doubt i'll have a chance at all even getting it in alone. Its a country road so a bit narrower with steep grades alongside of it. And of course I have a powerline pole on the side I could widen and an asshole neighbor on the other who has decided to put markers all along his property so I can't even overhang a bit on his side. And my entire lot is wooded so I could tear a ton of trees and go along the other side of the pole, but of course the powerline is super loose and there's no way a coach would fit under it at all on that side.

I found an 08 40' double slide made by nashville coach, just waiting on financing approval. But wasn't prepared to make such a large purchase and all my credit cards weren't paid off so credit score is a bit low. I was hoping to find a couple other 40's just to ease my mind and not feel so rushed to make this happen. I'm assuming even in 08 they didn't make their own slides yet?

Just so your aware the last Prevost 40 ft XLII shell was built in 2005 and the vast majority were built with Valid slides.
    2005 Parliament XL-II SS
    2007 Avalanche

Thanks bill!!