Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road Side Assistance

grantracy,

I have had Coach-Net for the last seven years. Unfortunately, I have had to use them four times in that period including three times to tow the Prevost. I wish I had Jon's bus. While Jerry is correct, that Coach-Net doesn't know squat about a Prevost, I must give them credit for their expertise at dispatching tow trucks. I haven't called at the most convenient times - Sunday (twice), at 1:30 am (once), and a Friday night (for good measure). Each time I have been located 50 to 150 miles from civilization and each time they have sent the cavalry. Within a reasonable period of time and I have been towed to a repair shop that I agreed could do the repair. Best of all, they have not dropped me as a customer when the return on my membership has been a big negative for them. So for my vote, I would give Coach-Net two Aggies (thumbs up). For minor issues, I keep the numbers handy for Prevost (including cell phone numbers), Detroit, and Allison. These guys are very good at providing troubleshooting advice while on the road.

Loc

Quote Originally Posted by grantracy View Post
    Thanks for the advice.I had previously printed the tech articles from the website and carry them with us. The coach is a Vantare conversion and although I did not buy the coach through Featherlite their tech support has been great. Will add other info to the arsenal.
    grantracy,

Let us know your caoch year and model when you get a minute. There are a few of us up in the Ft Lauderdale area. If you need anything, give a shout.

Welcome aboard.

Richard
    96 Vogue XL40 BeechBus
    07 Suburban

To grantracy... Welcome to the mental ward. There are quite a few of us in the local area if you really need help. call any time.

appreciate all the responses and suggestions, the coach is a 2000 vantare 45' dbl slide.

Grant,

It's easy to add your conversion and year to a signature by using the "User CP" at the top left of the screen. Then each time you post, it automatically signs off for you.

I can attest to Loc knowing the numbers for Detroit Diesel. I moseyed on down to Stewart & Stevenson today to have a few items on my 8V92 worked on and when I got there, parking was not to be had.

So I told the service manager, 'Hey, just move the clunker you have here by the door out to the Back 40 and I can park here'.

The guy says, So you know LOC eh?

I said, 'For sure'. He then goes on to tell me that they have a space reserved for Loc's coach with his name on it and that they have installed quick release axle flanges to reduce the tow truck hook up time.

Is this a great country or what?

And Loc, I'll e-mail you the Key Map coordinates for your new parking space.

JDUB