Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road Side Assistance

Default Road Side Assistance

I'm a new member and relatively new Prevost owner, can anyone recommend a good roadside srevice provider?

We have AAA RV Plus. Be sure to read the "Towing Article" on Prevost-Stuff so you know what is the best way to tow your Prevost... Inotherwards, the tow company must drop the drive shaft, or pull an axle, to flat tow. Best is to have it flatbedded, but the tow company must pay attention to height restrictions.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

We have CoachNet, but have only had to call them once. They know squat about Prevost conversions, so just go with someone who can tow the thing to safety and put MangoMike's phone number on your cell for technical assistance.

He works late, so you can call anytime.

For computer problems, Lewpoop is your guy.

Welcome to the POG.

grantracy,

Until you owned a Prevost life was simple. Just kidding a little.

When you have a problem the first need you have is the ability to discern the nature of the problem. We used to have one of the road service providers and in years we never used it. We are now without and not concerned.

If you have a tire problem you need to be able to call the local tire service company. If it is the engine or transmission use the Detroit Diesel or Allison 800 numbers. Also use the Prevost 800 numbers.

I have found that the best way to avoid roadside problems is to maintain the coach properly (and that includes a pre-trip brake and tire check) and to deal with what appear to be minor problems without delay.

A lot of what you might encounter are sensor problems such as a failed low coolant sensor and as the more seasoned owner will tell you, carrying certain spares such as common relays and certain sensors will be of more value than roadside service providers.

Whatever you do, learn how your coach is to be handled and serviced and towed. As the owner of a Prevost conversion you will appear to be a money source. Also, an unskilled tow operator can damage your coach if it is not towed properly.

Read the articles on the front of the POG site and the Prevost-Stuff site. In fact, print them and carry them.

lewpopp Guest

Here we go "raggin" on the new owners. Most of the stuff is good information, but figuring out which info is the problem.

We have a new member who is a neighbor of mine and very high in the political world. He is lurking and probably afraid I'll "out" him.

He's a wannabe and is looking for an XL with no slides. A super guy if he votes my way, otherwise he's just like the rest of you bums.

Lew

grantracy,

In addition to a road side assistance service company like CoachNet or AAA RV Plus you may find that a copy of Trucker's Friend or RVer's Friend is a helpful item to carry with you. They list truck stops and RV repair shops for the entire U.S. with phone numbers and services available. In many circumstances you may not need to be towed, simply a quick repair job and you are on your way.

We have used our Trucker's Friend book on 2 occasions (1 flat tire & 1 burnt wheel bearing). The website is truckstop.com and the cost is $14.95 + s&h.

Good Luck
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by grantracy View Post
    I'm a new member and relatively new Prevost owner, can anyone recommend a good roadside srevice provider?
    I hope you weren't asking because you were broken down and needed someone right now?

Hello grantracy. All good advice from what i've read. Also, Keep Prevost Service Centers Phone #'s and your Convertor Service phone # in your Coach. They can talk you thru a quick fix situation while on the road.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Thanks for the advice.I had previously printed the tech articles from the website and carry them with us. The coach is a Vantare conversion and although I did not buy the coach through Featherlite their tech support has been great. Will add other info to the arsenal.

If you have the ability you can also post about a problem you are having on this site.

The information based on experience is usually very good and the responses are usually pretty fast.