Thread: Dead dash blower, working secondary blower

Default Dead dash blower, working secondary blower

Last week while driving I decided to turn on the dash air blower. I heard the clicking that is normal when air handlers open/adjust but the blower did not come on. I used the secondary blower in the same unit that blows behind the driver seat and in front of the passenger seat, and that worked just fine. Is there any fuse I should look for just the primary/driver side blower or should i try to diagnose the blower fan itself? Where is the blower fan located for the dash unit?

Regards, Shahzad Lateef
    2003 Marathon H3-45, DS

Talked to Marathon and they told me that there is no fuse to stop the front blower. Talked to Prevost, and their technician said the same thing. Took the bus into service to replace drive shaft seal and ended up talking to them about the blower. They pulled the wiring diagram and solved it in 1/2 hour. There is a circuit breaker (#79 in my bus) in the front bay that controls the blower motor. They reset the CB, and everything works perfect.

Regards, Shahzad
    Shahzad Lateef
    2003 Marathon H3-45
    Double Slide

There's no fuse...but there's a breaker. Wow, they really didn't equate them as having the same function. Prevost circuit protects all circuits, as they should.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion