Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salon Trim Removal

Default Salon Trim Removal

How do we remove the rear top Trim in the Bedroom?
    Penny and I are doing some Interior upgrades and a Fabric style change is on the To Do List.
    No problems removing other Fabric Trim in Coach, just this top one above the rear Closet.
    The other Trims were easy, just find the Screw under the Fabric and remove. We can't find any Screws holding this particular piece in place.
    Also, what is the weird Red Eye thing under the Fabric in my picture?? It is attached to the wood in the Trim piece. FYI.

Pipeliner Prevost
    99 Featherlite Vantare H345
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pipeliner

My coach has the same configuration in the back. My back trim has an approx 6" - 8" piece extending from the bottom that fits/slides in over the top of the mirror. There are long screws inside the cabinet doors. Mine were hidden behind the light fixtures just inside/behind the mirrored doors.
    Remove the interior cabinet lights, unscrew the screws in the top hidden under the light fixtures, slide trim out. If it is like mine, the rope lighting is attached to clips on the trim piece and will have to be unclipped before removing trim completely.

Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

Heading over to Shop and try it out bud.
    Thanks Chuck!
    Rick and Penny. Pipeliner Prevost
    99 Featherlite H345

Good day Chuck,
    Thanks for the prompt on this. Penny and I were at the Coach yesterday (Thursday) and found the screws you mentioned. Trim came right off without a problem.
    The screws in question in our rear closet were not hidden behind the Light they were up in the Corners of the Closet.
    Thanks for the direction Chuck, appreciate it man.
    Pipeliner Prevost Rick
    99 Featherlite H345.

So here a question for you.

I too want to recover a lot of our interior fabrics. I also have the tufted fabric on the 1/4 round pieces that are held in by hidden screws as your picture shows. If I cover the 1/4 round trim with smooth fabric, how do I remount the trim? Don't want to put holes in the new fabric because there will be no tuft in the fabric to hide the screws.

Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide

Hey Chuck,
    Just seen your question and an excellent one it is. I am going to pass your question to my Interior Designer Lady, aka: Wife Penny. We'll get back to you tomorrow.
    Agreed, the Tuft really dates these older Coaches, that's why ours is going through the change over.
    Pipeliner Prevost Rick.

I don't think that is called tuft. Tufting is when they set the buttons in a grid over a fabric with a foam backing. Yours looks more like Pleating?
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

Mike

You are correct, pleating would be the proper term. Still don't know how to remount the trim piece without having the screws showing once the pleating is removed.

Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide

Snap caps or Christmas trees.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Again, thank you C&K for the success of the bedroom trim coming off. To also answer your re mounting trim question, I, like Gil was thinking Snap Screws (not Snap Caps) but if you don't want holes in your new fabric then Christmas trees would be the way to go. You’ll find the Christmas trees used on the small trim fabric that the rope lighting runs along. If you don’t want to incur the cost of new fabric and don’t mind some sweat equity, like we are doing, you can take the fabric off, wash in cold, hang to dry and then with a cloth and the wrong side of the fabric, iron it flat, it will give you a nice look. Please note that taking out the staples will be a labour of love, tip get 4 staple removers and a file, and if you drink, a BOX of wine, it will take some time to remove the staples. As a joke we are saving ours just to see how many are in all the trim! Good luck let us know how it works for you two. Pipeliner Prevost Penny (PPP)