Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need input for our next trip.

Chris and Debbie Yates Guest

Default Need input for our next trip.

We will be hitting the road again on the 17th heading East. After a stop to visit Crak4u we are thinking Outdoor Resorts in Hiltonhead then up to ODR in Virginia Beach, any comments on these campgrounds would be appreciated. Also what is worth seeing close to these locations?
    Next stop Bar Harbor, Maine. Any recommendations about where to stay, and things to see?
    Then up to Quebec for a couple of days.
    Next is the Formula One race in Montreal followed by our second honeymoon at Niagara Falls actually it's our 30th aniversary.
    We have a few days to drive down to Indianapolis for the US round of the Formula One championship.
    We will probably make a stop at Outdoor Resorts near Branson on the way home so if anything needs checking for POG1V let us know.

AP.

Chris,

We have stayed at ORA Hilton Head about a year ago.

It is a beautiful with lots of foilage and landscaping.

The only down side to the park is that the entrance roads are narrow, but its not too bad. The actual entrance to the park is the narrowest part. You might want to mention that you are pulling a trailer.

If you like to play golf and tennis you are in the right place. The island is 5 miles wide and 14 miles long, and it has 26 golf courses! The restaurants and shopping are fabulous. Be sure to ride the bike down to where the upscale homes are on S Sea Pines Dr.

When we were there the beach wasn't pretty, the water was brown. But it may have been the time of year, I think that we were there Aug '06.

We would definitely go back: the ORA was beautiful with all of the flowers in bloom. The fishing in the lake is good; ask for a site on the lake.

Have fun!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Chris and Debbie,

Don't forget you are always welcome to stop by and see us at the farm.....we aren't that far from Tom and Nancy

I personally prefer Charleston to Hilton Head. However, the only RV park that has been recommended to us in the Charleston area is at James Island. In fact one of the lady's in the office at Kerrville is from Charleston and she confirmed that James Island is really the preferred place to stay in the Charleston area. Here is a website for you to scope out:

http://ccprc.com/index.asp?nid=274

Hilton Head is beautiful if you want golf and sun. Charleston is beautiful if you want historic homes, sea ports, the Cooper River Bridge, the Isle of Palms Beach, The Battery on the intercoastal consisting of one antebellum mansion after another, carriage rides, more wonderful restaurants then you can count, street after street of shops that have a New Orleans flare to them and of the course the market district. I just love the place! And there is golf there as well

I don't think you can go wrong visiting either place. Myrtle Beach has just become too commercial, IMO, but the areas above and below there are great.

WOW, such great information on your future travels from all the Fabulous Pogers out there.

Chris all I want to know is do you have room in your bus for one more. I cook, clean, and take pretty good pictures? I do eat quite a lot, but will work to pay that debt off??????

Have a great trip. Keep tabs on this site for future development of POG IV. I am still working with Jim S. on just where and when.

Everyone will be the second to know, when we do. KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Gary S

Thumbs up

Chris & Debbie,

I grew up in Bar Harbor and still have family up there. I live just down the coast. I know all the best spots for you to see and would love to hook up with you both when you are in Maine. It is worth the trip. If you have an idea of dates, please let me know.

Jim

win42 Guest

Debi & Bob-OO: That Charleston site you listed sounds great. Were going to have to do the South in the bus in the not too distant future.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by win42 View Post
    Debi & Bob-OO: That Charleston site you listed sounds great. Were going to have to do the South in the bus in the not too distant future.
    Yah, Harry when you pick up your new one your on your way there!
    Just keep on rollin.

Quote Originally Posted by win42 View Post
    Harry, you and Shirley just bring that gorgeous new Liberty right on down here We are in the upstate of S.C. in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains but Charleston is only a 3 hour drive from the farm going the speed Bob-03 drives

I know that the lady in the Buckhorn office said you need to call ahead for James Island reservations since they have limited space for the larger rigs. They have paved roads but I don't believe the sites are paved though she said they are still nice slots. We have not yet stayed there but I hope too!

Please let us know when you are headed this way--we really didn't have the opportunity to chat with you and Shirley. BTW, I am still looking for the $100.00 bill that was supposed to be taped under somebody's chair in Kerrville--ha~!

Default The Grand Ole South

Harry: You had better watch out coming to this neck of the woods. You can/could end up like Jon & Di and stay. We call them damn Yankees, we don,t know what to call Kalifornians who come here and stay - furiners?

Deb is right on - Charleston is great, great food, scenery, ocean beach, history, sail on a tall ship, learn about your ancestors,

Hey Deb; tell Bob 03 my son in law did good while we were in Kerrville, the driveway has been made wider. I wanted to tell someone who would appreciate that comment!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

[
    Hey Deb; tell Bob 03 my son in law did good while we were in Kerrville, the driveway has been made wider. I wanted to tell someone who would appreciate that comment!]

Roger, this is me in shock Ours did great as well: he left one of the barn cats in the barn feed room all night without a litter box--guess what I came home too Glad to hear you faired better!

I think we should all meet in Charleston for a mini rally?? Are any of you game for that? Of course it needs to be soon before the hurricane season starts--LOL