Thread: Shock Replacement

Threaded View

Default Shock Replacement

After the roller coaster ride to Kerrville on I-10, I decided to change my front shocks. They aren't leaking, but they appear to be pretty old (maybe original) shocks, and I feel sure new ones should make a difference in the ride. Several times when I hit a bump, I would notice the bus went up and down more than what it should have. Although everyone I talked to seems to agree this was one of the roughtest roads they've been on in a long time, I still think new shocks may be a good idea.

I called Marathon to start with, and they told me the shocks would be $324 each. He said they were a little pricey, and that they bought them directly from Prevost. I asked the salesman three times if he really meant $324 for each shock, and he said that was the price. I called Prevost, and all 8 shocks and 16 bushings are a total of $392, so I decided to change all 8 of them instead of just the front ones. I am still not sure the salesman at Marathon was correct in his quotes; that just seems like too much of a price difference.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom to share before I start the replacement process? Any specific things I should or shouldn't do? Any short cuts or better procedures? Thanks. Dale
    Last edited by dale farley; 05-03-2007 at 11:31 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!