Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Somethings burning

Default Somethings burning

Well, while in Lake Havasu City AZ on Tuesday, I left to go get some stainless steel bolts from the hardware store.

When I came back, as I was walking up to the bus, I smelled smoke. That is not usually a good sign, unless of course you are using your smoker to smoke up some beef or whatever..

I opened the bus and it was really strong inside. I kept checking around, finally narrowing it down to the dishwasher area.

What had happened, was I had put a wooden spoon up on the top rack, and it had ended up falling down through the racks while the washer was running. It came to rest against the heating element in the bottom of the washer.

Even though it was soaking wet from the wash, the element still managed to basically burn completely through the spoon, and it was still had glowing red embers on it!!

Sooooo you may want to think twice about what you put in there, and if you just want it to air dry instead of the heating element...

Just food for thought!!!

The bus smelled like a kid's wood burning set for a few hours, then all seemed ok after an airing out...

Thank goodness!!

Wow, that's pretty scary. I'm glad everything was OK. We've only used our washer a couple of times, but drying is so slow in that little combo unit, I'm thinking of removing it for some nice storage. This might help my decision. Same thing for the dish washer.

Does anyone use these items in their coaches?

ray

Default Dw

Yeah Ray, I was talking about the dishwasher..

We use both, however like you say the washer/dryer is not the speediest at the drying part

OK, knowing now that this was the dishwasher, this makes a lot more sense. I should read a bit more carefully. At least if there were a fire, it would be contained within the DW? Not nice in either case.

FYI, made it home yesterday afternoon. Spent 3 days at ORA in Indio. Nice place, but out of my price range! Got to use Matsprts coupon for free stay while there. Not bad, but it was a bit warm. They seem to be closing down for the season. Still hope to make it our to Havasu sometime soon!

Thanks for all the hard work (and expense) with the BBQ at Kerrville. It was really appreciated.

ray

Hey Jeep, let me get this straight.... You fired up the Dishwasher and then left the bus with the water ON and the Dishwasher running? You must have been in the Squeezins big boy.

By the way, check this out!

IMG_1120_1.JPG
    Damn, I hope this is right....

Ray,

did you and Kathy try the restaurant?? Or was it closed. Its a nice place to eat. But boy oh boy, are the owners in for a big surprise. There is going to be a huge assessment to each owned lot to cover the expenses of the restaurant. Its not making money. So besides the HOA and the price of the lot, owners will have support the restuarant whether they eat there or not.

Glad you got home safely...It was a blast caravanning with the Orange County crowd. Great job setting things up in Kerrville! And a special thanks to JIM SKIFF for watching out for me for no "dairy" entrees. I wish we could go to Branson, but we will be in Eastern Canada in October.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

We tried, but the restaurant officially closed for the season on Sunday. We arrived late Sunday, and tried to have lunch on Monday.

I did spend some time with a salesman, and specifically asked about assessments on the restaurant. He told me that this last year there was a $500 assessement for the restaurants first year, which could be paid lump-sum, or $83 per month.

He also indicated he felt that there would be no assessment next year.

Anyway, it didn't quite correspond with the $1500/mo you indicated to me?

I spoke with a new owner (rode around in their golf cart), and it was his assumption that ultimately they would set up some kind of minimum purchase per year, like in many country clubs. And that you either use it or lose it. He felt $500 per year was appropriate, and easily spent quickly in a 5-star restaurant.

So, not sure what the truth is there. Beautiful place, but wow!!

ray

Default Ray/Tom

Ray, I had a great time doing it, no problemo.

Tom, sure I left the bus with the dw running, gray valve open, h20 hooked up, what the heck??

I knew when I saw you lurking yonder by the windmill with that camera, that I would be the butt of the joke somehow

I will be sure to keep an eye peeled for you next time

matsprt Guest

Default Maybe and maybe not

Jim,

I own a lot there. There was a $500 assessment last year to cover the restaurant. One must keep in mind that there were many unsold lots last year. Not so true today (still about 25 or so I think). Once all the lots are sold there will be a full compliment of owners to "support" the restaurant. I, for one, love the restaurant, some really great food comes out of there.

The HOA's will go up I'm sure over time. That is true with all HOA's. Currently only $317 per month. Not too bad considering what you get. It's a classy, well run place. One of the few things I have bought associated with "RV's" that has not dropped like a rock in water in value. Who knows, if we ever decide to sell we might even make a little money on it.

Ray,

Yes, the restaurant closed for the season after last Sundays "buffet" style dinner. We were there for the "last supper" as many were calling it and it was great. Can't wait for next seasons opener !!

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
    Ray,

did you and Kathy try the restaurant?? Or was it closed. Its a nice place to eat. But boy oh boy, are the owners in for a big surprise. There is going to be a huge assessment to each owned lot to cover the expenses of the restaurant. Its not making money. So besides the HOA and the price of the lot, owners will have support the restuarant whether they eat there or not.

Glad you got home safely...It was a blast caravanning with the Orange County crowd. Great job setting things up in Kerrville! And a special thanks to JIM SKIFF for watching out for me for no "dairy" entrees. I wish we could go to Branson, but we will be in Eastern Canada in October.

Jeep, there may be more pics to follow!

I'm just anal on the water thing. We were in Key West a few years ago and returned to flooded bays and water running out the doors. A water line broke while we were away. Now I never leave without turning off the pump or city water.

We use the DW all the time and will be sure not to include any wooden spoons. I suppose the same thing could happen to someone washing any plastic utensils, so bringing this up was a good idea.

This is what happens when you send your better half home early!