Thread: Trace Inverter Cooling Fans

Default Trace Inverter Cooling Fans

I have a 1999 Prevost Royale with 2 Trace SW 2512 inverters. The bay that they are in always seems to be very warm. My assumption is that the cooling fans are not working. First, can I find replacement fans for the inverters that will work or, do I need to put my own fans in the bay to help with cooling. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Jeff

Jeff, I just replaced my Trace inverter fans. I called inverter service in Tennessee and they gave me the fan numbers and I ordered off internet. My trace inverters are larger than yours so I am sure your fans will be different.

Thanks Mark. I’m also working with Inverter Service Center in White House, TN. Randy told me that they don’t make that fan anymore and he can’t get any used ones. I didn’t want to give up so here I am searching. Hope to fine something that will work. After all, it’s just a simple cooling fan….isn’t it? ��

Yes very easy to change. I am sure you can custom fit any fan off ebay or amazon to fit as long as the voltages are the same.

McMaster Carr has a bunch of cooling fans to choose from.

https://www.mcmaster.com/cooling-fans/
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

I have three addition fans that I installed in the bay to help cool the bay. One mounted on a tube sucking the heat from the ceiling, one at bottom of bay sucking heat out and one mounted in between my inverters to move air in-between them because mine are stacked. The bay stays a lot cooler and doesn't transfer so much heat up in the coach.