Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pog IV The Beginning

Default Pog IV The Beginning

In another post,
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    We heard Branson in the first week of October. Guys and gals that ain't going to happen unless someone or several raise their hands and volunteers to make it happen. Since this is an organization without an organization it calls for someone or maybe two or three or four someones to express a willingness to coordinate another rally.
    I have already started some communications with people in the know about where we could hold our next rally, POG IV.

I have layed down some thoughts about what this groups likes, wants, and needs are from my perspective, yes a NEWBIE POGer wanna-be, and I just hope I can come up with some suggestions for the next site.

Finding a place suitable to hold another rally of our size or bigger isn't going to be easy. Most of us think we know what went into making this rally successful, but it is only going to get harder from here on out to put this thing together. Buckhorn RV Lake Resort has SPOILED everyone. Just remember you HEARD IT HERE FIRST !

I should have some suggestion sites by next week for a group or POG IV Committee to consider as the next possible Rally Site.

THAT IS UNLESS SOMEONE OBJECTS?

dalej Guest

Gary, thanks for starting on this. I'm sure you already know about Outdoor Resorts in Blue Eye Arkansas, the south side of table rock lake.

If anyone has the dates yet, let us know.

I have visited the ODR in Arkansas and I think it is a great place to hold POGIV. It's about a 35 mile drive into Branson but in my opinion well worth the small inconvenience.
    Kevin

If anyone is not available to eyeball the prospective sites I will volunteer to fly or drive there to do an on-site inspection. I will just need a checklist of our needs.

ORA Blue Eye, Arkansas is a nice facility on the shores of a large lake. The drive there from Branson is on 2 lane narrow roads, but it is a -plausible route for Prevosts: just need to watch branches and a roads with no shoulder. The facility as we remember from our visit in 2005, is on a gentle slope towards the lake. The office/lodge is on the top of the slope and the sites are scattered down the hillside.
    At that time (2005) they were building some more sites so there was construction stuff going on.
    Blue Eye, Ark, itself is just a "blink" of a town, so there is nothing really there in the way of food, shopping or fuel.

There might be other larger campgrounds closer to Branson. the Chamber of Commerce might be the place to start.

Just a thought
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Default Pog IV No Dates Yet

Dale, No Dates yet, work still in Process.

Jim Skiff is working on the Table Rock ORA as we speak, making sure they could accomadate our needs, food preperation, # of available sites, meeting room to accomadate our seminars and so on.

Still looking into other possible sites for the next event.

More to come as we narrow down the search.

Gary S.

Default Thanks Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    If anyone is not available to eyeball the prospective sites I will volunteer to fly or drive there to do an on-site inspection. I will just need a checklist of our needs.
    Thanks Jon for this fabulous offer. I know Jim will keep this option open for use later, after a number of sites have been whittled down for our needs.

Gary S.

Aside from the distance traveled by POG members and others, I think access to and from the site is extremely important. Additionally, we have been spoiled by POG III and everything going forward will be compared to our most recent Rally. I think we should have some basic guidelines. Examples would be; Cement pads as opposed to gravel or dirt, This is real important in terms of keeping the Coaches clean inside and out. 50 amp power , Pull-thru sites, General store, Wi-Fi, Cell phone reception,
    Campground amenities; pool, jacuzzi, exercise, etc.
    Gary
    Last edited by garyde; 05-04-2007 at 12:09 AM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Gary's point is an excellent one and I concur. Rallies are not as much fun if we are on grass and are struggling to manage power.

From our PP experience however we have learned that the average campground, even with 50 amp service to all sites may not be capable of handling a large number of rigs. We were at a rally in the KOA south of Colorado Springs and with 200 coaches there all the campground transformers burned out. I think at 64 coaches we may be nearing a practical limit so a 200 site campground is not overtaxed. The national electric code does not contemplate every power outlet being used at its full rated capacity and the inground wires are not sized to handle those loads.

The second point is the site roads and surfaces. I hate being in a campground with gravel roads and sites. It always seems that we are not only trying to keep the interior clean, but every passing car, no matter how slow it is driving seems to raise dust.

All we have to remember is we need to be prepared to pay for the amenities we want. I'm willing.

Jon and Gary D, your points are very well taken and understood, and we are working towards all of those goals as we speak. We just got started checking into various sites that may or may not work out for our next event, so give us a little time to check and contemplate all venues for our next site.

And besides I am going to Vegas tomorrow for 5 days, to win me a new Liberty, or at least, bring home the first months payment. Ok, so maybe it won't be a NEW Liberty, but I am hoping to win at least enough for a used one's first month payment.

Gary S