Thread: North Carolina Newbie

Default North Carolina Newbie

We have made the decision to step up into a Prevost (from years in a 40' - 5th wheel). We enjoy the open road and have traveled all 48 contiguous state and some of Canada/Nova Scotia. Now, we will travel "in style".

I am in the process of making my "check-off" list for when we view coaches and my wife is maker her list of requirements for the "house" side.

We have our budget set and will start looking soon. I know this is the "hot" selling season for any class rv but at least we will start (You can't finish unless you start). The trigger will be pulled when we find the right one.

We are outside of Asheville, NC (Marion), so if you are on I40 and pass Marion.....toot the horn. We'll wave back.

Regards to all
    Cliff and Sharon

Hi Cliff and Sharon,

Depending on your budget, you can check with the converters (Liberty, Marathon, Millennium or Emerald). Or, consider the resellers (e.g., Olympia Luxury Motorcoach in Murfreesboro, TN; Legacy Coach Inc in Rockwall, TX) who have Coaches of most makes and pricing in the low 100’s to $1.5M+ - they are all advertisers on this site.

Would recommend calling all, give them your preferences/parameters and budget. Even if they don’t have what you are looking for now, chances are they will likely in the very near future (Olympia and Legacy’s website list their current inventory but, also soon to be incoming). You’ll want to be prepared to act fast - good quality busses sell quickly. That isn’t to say you shouldn’t do your due diligence, have a Pre-Purchase Inspection (PPI) performed by a competent and reliable inspector.

Depending on who you purchase from…the Coach may be “Zeroed-out” - meaning new tires, new house/chassis/generator batteries and Level III services performed on the engine, generator and Webasto/Aquahot heater. And, likely some aesthetic/cosmetic repairs. Realize that the pricing is set (generally non-negotiable) based on everything they have invested into the Coach.

If you prefer doing things yourself, you’ll want to inquire about “as is” busses…although most reseller/dealers tend to stay away from that market.

Good luck with your search! Finding the “right for you” Coach is half the fun. Just remember, keep an open mind and wallet (not an inexpensive pastime - but, SO worth it in a Prevost!).
    Greg & Deb
    2003 Prevost XLII Liberty Lady Classic non-slide
    2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve
    Pelican Lake Motorcoach Resort
    Naples, FL

I got a good deal on a "as is" coach 3 1/2 years ago. Went into it knowing there were things that needed addressed. After a lot of time, money and frustration over all the little things that I didn't expect we are now zeroed out and traveling with more piece of mind. Now it's time to start updating the interior.

In Hind Sight: It probably would have been cheaper and defiantly quicker to have purchased a zeroed out coach from a company even having paid more up front.
    In the long run: I now have a truly zeroed out coach and know far more about it then I ever wanted to LOL. We have settled into the coach nicely and look forward to may more years and miles with her.

Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

We are now an "official" member of the Prevost Club/Family. Purchased a 1997 Liberty XL45 this past Sunday (7/24). Flying out to TX to pick her up and make our way home (NC). The shopping has been an adventure to say the least. Looked at MANY coaches. Some good, some not for us and some not close to what the seller said they were. We are very excited to be in a "dream" of ours. We will be looking for ownership guidance along the way. Thanks to all that have helped us thusfar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keywestwego; 07-14-2023 at 10:16 PM.

Congratulations

If you need a stopover on I-40 between Nashville and Knoxville, we have a full hookup for visitors. Only a couple of miles off the interstate.

615 957-9168
    Les Stallings
    Crossville TN
    2006 Country Coach XLII

Congratulations!~ Safe Travels. Where did you pick her up?

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Very nice! Welcome

No bigger thrill than driving your 1st Prevost home. Congrats!!

Thanks Les, however, we are going the I-10 way and through hell (aka...Atlanta). Thanks for the invite though. I see many of your posts and hope to meet you one day.

Picking her up in Houston, TX.