Thread: Mid Cruise Air?

Default Mid Cruise Air?

Cant seem to find my mid cruise air...any ideas?
    Ive checked in bay 2...it is sealed on both sides but can be accessed through bay 1 back wall...i see the aquahot and other misc stuff.
    Cant run the air cuz it trips breaker immediately. Ill be bringing home my inspextion mirror today to look under bus....just trying to get a jumpstart.

On the roof?
    In the spare tire bay behind the front bumper?
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

i have 2 in fron bumper Joe..it is the bedroom 1 and front of bus 1 go figure. mid 1 is nowhere to be found. Ill have to use an inspection mirror to find the bottom of bus vent...frustrating.

Also I officially hate cruise airs....TRASH

Hi Patrick,

On our 2003 XLII Liberty the mid-Cruisairs are both behind the wall panels…behind the 2nd passenger side Entertainment bay (you know, convenient! :-))

We also have the starboard mid-Cruisair tripping the 50 Amp post breaker immediately. Since it is the only one of our four Cruisairs which trips this breaker…we suspect it may be a defective condenser or compressor (and, not just a simple R22 recharge)? That said, the 2nd mid-Coach Cruisair for the bedroom has just started going bonkers in the past couple weeks - but, it only trips the switch at the inside Control panel (next to the fridge). So, hopefully that one just requires an R22 charge (which couldn’t be obtained in California). Hoping someone in Florida can help?

We’ve been told “good luck” finding anyone with even a rebuilt condersor/compressor. So, yes - we too very much dislike having Cruisairs…the only aspect of our Coach we wish were different (prefer roof tops). Good luck to us all!

Greg & Deb
    2003 Prevost XLII Liberty Lady Classic non-slide
    2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve
    Pelican Lake Motorcoach Resort
    Naples, FL

I suspect mine will be the same. Super hard for me right now due to schedule...I live in bus while on these refinery projects...right now we are working the no life schedule.
    Makes extremely difficult to service myself. Seriously thinking about buying a portable unit to keep things somewhat cool here in New Orleans...I have5 weeks left here.
    I absolutely despise cruise airs...will be the reason why I sell this bus and move to one that has roof airs. I suppose i could entertain the idea of mini split...but they are hideous to look at ugh

greg my buddy in peoria area can help you with freon...message me.
    I changed caps in mid cruise air..it did not solve problem...still tripping breaker. I will test the relay when I get chance, Front cruise air was low on freon...the cause of the power surges...low pressure solenoid was being activated. All is well now with fron cruise air...blows sweet ass cold air.
    As it turns out...I was running mid cruise air on fan mode to circulate air....fan motor burned out (im assuming). I smelled smoke in the coach and panicked...turned off all breakers and grabbed extinguisher waiting to see flames. My first reaction was those damn capacitors...after tracing the smell with my nose...I found it was coming out of intake in closet (mid cruise air). So theres that...she completed her death. So now I need inside blower motor and outside compressor for mid =(
    I did get a win though, gentleman who came to service front ac only charged me 100 dollars. I gave him a bonus obviously...
    stay tuned!