Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POG to OSH

Isn't that were the term "the whole nine yards" comes from?

I had to sign my first invoice for "Crew Served Weapons" this past year.

Ken,

Sounds like you need to crew for Jon so he has a coffee source. You can come camp with us at the N-40, but it is strictly air mattresses and tents.

ken&ellen Guest

Default Tents!

Jerry, Although you make a generous offer....serving coffee and sleeping on the ground....I think I will pass. The last time I slept in a tent was in the sixties. My idea of roughing it is a 30 Amp service at campground without a pool!
    Ken

Default Typical Mooney Pilot

They typically have to be small enough to fit thru the door and light enough to not reduce the Mooney speed and fuel consumption propaganda.

Then the Mooneys decide to tackle Oshkosh......

From the Mooney Caravan web site..

Into the Enemy Camp

Not feeling very encouraged, I called the American Bonanza Society. I was aware that the ABS had been making large group arrivals into Oshkosh for a number of years and if anybody would know how to do it, they would. But would they talk to me? I was referred to Wayne Collins, a steely-eyed former Air Force fighter pilot. Once I had qualified the group and myself as serious and safety-minded, Wayne was more than gracious and quite willing to offer advice. I should give full credit to the Bonanza group for generously sharing their experience. The Mooney Caravan was patterned entirely on the Bonanza model, but with one significant difference. Whereas the Bonanza group flies in three- plane elements in tight formation, we felt, from the beginning, that we were unqualified for any close-in formation flying. Wayne referred me to their web page, to the key people in the FAA and EAA, and told me the essence of their procedures. The Bonanzas to Oshkosh Flight launches from Rockford IL, about 150 miles south of Oshkosh. The FAA treats the flight as a unit and permits special procedures that avoid the regular EAA Convention VFR arrival procedures.

Mooney Caravan to OSH - Same Way Same Day

Bonanzas to Oshkosh - The photos speak for themselves......

ken&ellen Guest

Your just jealous of our flamingo pink flying suits.

Question K&e2osh

I think they are sexy

Are you going to make the OSH trip with the poofters, er uh, geeks? We may have to have a sidebar meeting at the rally.

Question: Do you know what makes a Vee tailed Bonanza fly?

Answer: They don't fly. They are so ugly the earth repels them.

ken&ellen Guest

Bravo! Sir Jon of Knoxville. Thou hast laid salt upon the tail of the ugly fowl!

Default Airplane Jealousy

Ouch, you guys are brutal.

And the engine out procedures for a C210?

Just toss a brick out the window and fly in formation with it.....

Ah, you're just jealous. Now, on with our previously scheduled show....

I am starting to get pumped about OSH. I will register as an EAA member. What else do I need to do so I can get in? I assume we have to make reservations? Do they have problems with a caravan?

I was there about 12 or 13 years ago, but we just showed up and got parked on the grass.

I am about to get the turbo, wastegate, controller etc replaced on my flying brick. Owning a plane makes owning a bus seem cheap.