Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POG to OSH

Smile POG to OSH

Man I am a photo postin fool now.

And Jon will need one of these in his P-210

I am adding one of these at annual time......

Hey Winchester.....real pilots don't need picture shows.

I do real well behind my vintage panel, including my KLN90B.

I can still fly NDB approaches.

Of course I do put a 396 on top of the dash.

BTW, If I was going to post a picture of my panel I wouldn't post one that shows my Bo going at 150 speeds.

I was at 257 kts to GSO last Thursday. I should have taken a picture of that.

Thumbs down NDB Approach - Old Timers

If you are not going to get out on the leading edge, at least get out to the foreskin of technology. You can get a GPS (er, RNAV) approach to just about anywhere now.

OH and I can't help when they take the photos. I think we were still on the taxiway..........

My best cruise speed was 238kts coming back from Stillwater one day. Howling north wind got me home 35 minutes faster than normal. And I had a tailwind going up, so it was a bonus trip.

Mike says he is up for the OSH trip, so that just leaves you to commit for a quorum.

I'll commit. Lets do it.

By then I will be ready for a break.

We will all need to join up somewhere and arrive in a caravan to park together.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default My First Really Go Fast Ride

....had a cockpit that looked like this.

Imagine being 20 years old after a mission and the Major says, "Ever flown a jet before?"

Then he dropped his hands to his sides and I was flying.

War story.

Talking Just Plane Jeff

Now I will have to hear that story.

My only jet time was this past year in a Citation. Guy says, "Hey you want to take off?" and me being no dummy said, "You bet" and I push the throttles forward, he calls out the speed, I pull back on the yoke and in about one minute we are IMC and I am flying on the gauges of a plane I have never set in.

Didn't take long for him to assume command...........

And for the POG2OSH, we should consider meeting in Rockford, IL on Saturday July 22nd and then on to OSH. I will be there the afternoon of the 21st, so even that will work. Are you going to fly or drive? I think Mike is bringing the Mothership, so I need to coax him into parking in the little lot just south of the N-40 where the Bonanza's will be. There is a gate directly across from the parking area (woods) that goes right into the airfield.

I'm planning on soloing in the bus. I don't do anymore fly-ins. Last was AOPA and it was a zoo.

I need to know how I can get my coffee delivered to my driver's seat if I am the only one on board? This is going to be interesting.

Hey Jerry.....did you notice the real plane Jeff flew didn't have pretty pictures? It had real gauges.

(FWIW I am a real ball breaker to the guys I hang with that have full Garmin panels including the MFD. They can't do anything I can't do, and my $2400 396 was a lot cheaper than their $100,000 panels.)

ken&ellen Guest

Default Osh

Ellen & I have been to a couple. Our Concord landing pictures are fantastic, but the noise at the edge of the runway to get the shots was deafening.
    Never flew in, but landed in Appleton, WI several times.
    Jerry, you gotta love belt fed arms...tough to conceal I will bet.
    Ken