Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: POG to OSH

Yep you need your EAA membership up to speed and that should get you in. You will need to conflab with Mike, etal, and see what the consensus for parking is. There is RV parking on the field but I don't know about hook-ups, etc. and there is parking for dry camping and then there are the two options I previously mentioned.

One is to park across from the North 40 on the south side and one is to park on the north side. You can catch a shuttle bus from either spot and it takes you to the registration / warbird area where you officially enter AirVenture.

The Bonanzas always park about 100 yards east of the North 40 Shower House, so the south side parking, which is owned by an individual, is right there. The EAA rv parking is on the southwest side of the complex; here is the link and it has other RV parking options.

http://www.airventure.org/2006/plann...ning_guide.pdf

In '04 I stayed rigth next to the Bonanza's on the north 40 by the showers (yes I was jealous). It was a great spot with a lot of access. I think I know the private spot your referring. Nice spot (drycamping I believe). Still would like to know where the Bluebirds were. I don't think you want to camp in the main RV area, as I recall it was a hike to the grounds.

Fly Mango Air

Default MangoMike - Photo Stud

Yep I got the DVD today and what were the odds; you were parked RIGHT BEHIND US. I could see the nose of our Bonanza in one of the photos.

And talk about techno-geek, what a sweet DVD with music and everything. I think you have been sandbagging us.

And since you camped there, you know exactly where that parking place is. In the shade of those trees and I think it would be easy to get coaches in and parked. We should land on Saturday around 3.

But my favorite day is Sunday. The awning, the cooler, the lawn chair, the radio tuned into the RIPON arrival and watch the show. But then Jon would have to hang out with the V-Tail Nazis

And you get a pass to get onto the grounds when the crowd is not there

lewpopp Guest

Now you guys speak of showers...Are they for the airplanes cuz I just know you guys never shower. You smell like grease from here....