Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slide problem

I'm of the opinion that even Prevost isn't sure what has to be done to make the slides and their mechanisms as reliable as the rest of the coach.

Another thing I learned during this problem is that the air pressure needed to work the slides is definitely higher than stated in the manual if the lubrication etc is to perfect. This morning had same problem with salon slide. I was still at Prevost so here we go again. the mechanic brought the aux up to the max (125 lbs) then the slide worked. The manual says at least 110 which is what I was using.

Kim Sloan
    02 Vantare XL II S2

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

At first I thought how in the heck could Prevo knowingly design something on the exterior that was at risk to failure from washing but not the rain?

Then it occured to me.

Most owners are so fussy about keeping things shining that a 3hr thunderstorm probably doesn't even compair to the amount of water from repeated washings from someone affected with MPD
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 05-08-2007 at 06:06 PM.

Lee Bornstein Guest

If you can't wash it with slides out what do you do when it rains while you're sleeping in coach? Get up and retract slides so they don't get too wet??

Lee

I have inspected my slides Pins and sleeves. i cleaned and sprayed some graphite. Liberty had said to operate the slides while the engine is in high idle with full air pressure and prior to leveling the Coach. So far no problems. I have gone thru several different occasions of Rain and storms while camped. No problems. Like so many things on the Coach, I think it is a good idea to operate these Slides on a monthly basis .
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

On our caravan west from P3, we were parked next to Gary during a humongous thunderstorm. When he retracted his slides the next morning we were amazed at how much water cascaded from his slide roofs. Were further amazed that there were no leaks. Have to wonder whether we were witnessing good design or bad.

win42 Guest

When I was at Baudry, the western CC Prevost dealer, I learned from the Prevost and CC guys that the new ones have gone to a single pin and they use lead screws connected together and operated by a single motor. They also went into the bay below the slides and added a structural frame work to beef up that area below the wide opening in the sides. Another owner with a fairly late model said he also was experiancing problems with pins not working.
    I think Prevost owes the owners of these early slides a recall and re-work. If you can't build them bullet proof then don't build them at all. My son has had zero problems with the slides on his "BOUNDER".

Hello everyone,

Well some bad news about the slide. It jammed closed again. Spoke with Prevost and they are saying need update and redoing of the pins etc. Cost TBD, but I will let you know. At this time will have to live with the one slide and schedule the work at Prevost. This is not something I can do myself since they have to take the slide OUT.

Kim sloan
    02 Vantare XLII S?

Hi Kim,

We had slide room pin problem with our 2002 Marathon XLII single slide VIN 1-7450. The pin, when it would release, popped so loud, it shook the the entire driver's side of the coach. Prevost said they would do the pin update for us, out of warranty on a "as needed basis." Not all slide coaches had our sticking pin problem This was done March 2004. We were out of the coach 2 days at Mira Loma. I would call Bill Jensen (Prevost RV shells) He is most helpful.
    They know they have a problem. That is why there is a locking pin update on the early XLII slide shells.. This also one of the reasons we won't have another slide equipped coach. Too many issues.

Feel free to ask any questions by PM
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Coloradobus & Kim,

Do you have the Prevost slides or Valid slides?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot