Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slide problem

Hello Jim,

The sound of air leaking is coming from the attempt to activate that top lock. There is a way to override if I can find the controls mentioned in my earlier post.

Kim

Hi Kim. My controls for the pins,inflatable seals,motors,etc is in the 3rd bay drivers sidebehind the OTR Fan. There are Pin controls, but before you try operating, you need to call Prevost or your convertor because they work in sequence and you do not want to get the system out of sequence. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Thanks Gary,

Right now I am in NJ working. I will get back to the bus tomorrow. I already called Prevost and they will walk me through the process. Prevost says they will potentially need 5 days to fix problem. I hate to loose that much time on trip and may just use override until I get back to FL.

Kim

Well we are now a double slide coach again. We spent the lst day at Prevost in Dallas, just a short detour on trip. I tried the manual release proceure and everything worked as planned EXCEPT the top rear pin did not release. Sooooo off to Prevost as this was going to be more than one man with stiff neck could do. They removed the refrig. and then could get to the lock pin. With the help of graphite and a little force the pin released. Then I learned something. Prevost states the coach should never be washed with slide out. If you do you need to lub (dry graphite spray) the receivers for the pins. After you wash the coach, then the slides can be put out. You can HAND clean the side of the slides. Then the lubrication should last 2 months of normal use.

Anyway it is now working fine. I do have a new problem and will post new thread.

Kim Sloan
    02 Vantare S2
    06 dodge megacab

Kim,

Glad that it was a simple fix.

I'm going to lubricate my pin holes with dry graphite tomorrow.

Thanks for the post.
    Last edited by merle&louise; 05-07-2007 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Addition info
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Hi Kim. That is good info! Thank you. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

[ Then I learned something. Prevost states the coach should never be washed with slide out. If you do you need to lub (dry graphite spray) the receivers for the pins. After you wash the coach, then the slides can be put out. You can HAND clean the side of the slides. Then the lubrication should last 2 months of normal use.]

Kim, glad you resolved the problem. However, I do have a question. If you are not supposed to wash your coach with the slide out, then what happens when you are at a park, the slides are out and it rains? I guess keeping the pins lubricated is the answer? I wonder why none of the convertors or Prevost mentioned this before now? Maybe nobody asked Thanks for the information it is another critical tip learned from the POG board!

win42 Guest

Unhappy

Too bad the brain trusts at Prevost did not use graphite impregnated bushings and stainless steel pins. Next go around with Prevost, demand a permanent cure.

Harry beat me to it. I find it hard to believe the system is so sensitive a dab of graphite makes the difference between success and failure.

These coaches and the systems are similar to an anvil. Simple and strong. That is all except the slides which apparently are so touchy the difference between success and failure is lubricant. I'll bet there is not a single word in the Prevost maintenance manual about that lubricant which makes it sort of like grabbing straws.

You are correct. I just went through the Prevost manual that came with our coach (pub # PA1527) and there is no reference to Maintenance for the slides or an alert not to wash the coach with the slides out...a practice I have always done. The Marathon manual for my coach has no specific comments on keeping the slides maintained.