Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slide problem

Default Slide problem

Good afternoon everyone,

well we left POG II and went to the next destination campground. Everything working great until I tried to put Salon slide out. It would not go out. The rear top lock would not unlock. I hear alot of air excaping from area, but the lock will not release. After awhile the process times out, and have to start all over again. I always wait until air pressure in aux. tank is up to normal. I have tried every trick I know inlcuding raising rear, lowering left slide, raising left side etc. At least it is stuck in and not out. Any help greatly appreciated.

Kim sloan
    Vantare 02, SII (well not really at the moment)

Sorry everyone I thought I typed POG III, but it came out worng.

Kim

Kim,

What kind of slides do you have? HWH, Valid, or Prevost?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

they are factory Prevost slides

Kim

Good afternoon everyone,

,inlcuding raising rear, lowering left slide, raising left side etc. At least it is stuck in and not out. Any help greatly appreciated.
    Kim sloan
    Vantare 02, SII ]

Hi Kim,

I just asked Bob about the slides in our 2000 Vantare but they are HWH slides and we never had a problem. The single slide in our '03 Millennium is a Prevost slide. We were told that the engine has to be running and it must be at a high idle. We also have one bay on the driver's side under the slide that has several buttons that control the slide as well. Bob suggested looking for those controls in your bay to make sure a relay isn't tripped. Of course every conversion is different so who knows? At least it is locked in, like you said. If anything else comes to mind I will send you an email. Good luck!!

Kim,

I don't know if this will help you, but I have HWH hydraulic slides. They have locking pins that are opened and closed with solenoids. My rear bedroom slide pins would delay unlocking when the room was first extended. Newell recommended changing both the lock and unlock solenoids, I did that and 30 minutes later the bedroom slide was working properly.

It sounds to me like that is your problem; however, your locking pins may be air actuated. It could be a simple air leak which is not allowing the locking pins to unlock!

I'm sure that your converter can diagnose this problem quickly.
    Last edited by merle&louise; 04-29-2007 at 09:19 AM. Reason: grammar
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I will check the solenoids when it is light out. However I think this is air controlled.

Kim

Kim, Since you hear air leaking, it seems as you have the ACTUATION from the control ( electric or air) but not ACTIVATION! This would lead me to look for a broken hose, stuck or leaking slide lock in the area where you hear the air leaking. I would think that if the slide would be unlocked and ready to move that you would see some weak attempt at motion if the leak were from the motion part of the slide. I think the slide has not released and is being prevented from sliding by some part of the slide lock. Is there a manual over ride of the slide and or lock? How you get into that area, well that is another thing.

Too bad it didn't happen in Kerrville. We all could have had a slide seminar on your behalf

good afternoon everyone,

Well here is where we are at. I have determined that the problem is with the pin valves for the front slide. They control the locking vlaves. As stated yesterday, the top aft pin for the front slide will not release. However, here is the problem, I cannot locate the slide-out control module or the oin vlaves. I know they must be in the lower compartments, but location still mystery. Let me know if any ideas. I will call Vantare tomorrow morning for help.

Thanks

Kim
    02 Vantare was S2

Quote Originally Posted by nrhareiner View Post
    good afternoon everyone,

Well here is where we are at. I have determined that the problem is with the pin valves for the front slide. They control the locking vlaves. As stated yesterday, the top aft pin for the front slide will not release. However, here is the problem, I cannot locate the slide-out control module or the oin vlaves. I know they must be in the lower compartments, but location still mystery. Let me know if any ideas. I will call Vantare tomorrow morning for help.

Thanks

Kim
    02 Vantare was S2
    Kim, You said you hear leaking. Where is the sound coming from?

Is there a manual release/over-ride?