Thread: Windshield Tint

Default Windshield Tint

I just had two new front windshields installed at Prevost in Dallas. When Prevost did the install they painted the windows down about 18" to hide the back of the cabinets. I watch them clean the glass with a good glass cleaner, mask the windows and spray paint the back side of the glass. I almost said something about a reaction possiblity but they acted like this was done often

It looked great when we left only to start reacting a day or two later. The paint has fish eyed, crackled and gotten large white areas in the paint. I am sure it is a reaction with the paint, window cleaner, and 100% humidity when they did the job. Real mess, I will never be convinced the black film is not the way to go. On the trip from h_ _ _.

Petervs Guest

As the old saying goes: If you want something done right you have to do it yourself.

Too bad really, when you take it to a place that is supposed to be expert in their field and they charge $100 an hour for labor and then the work is sub standard.

I wish I had a good answer!

lewpopp Guest

After the rally at Kerrville, I doubt that anyone will have trouble with windows in the P-vost. Dale did a nice job trying and succeeding to show us all how to install the two fromt windshields.