Thread: New Prevost owner

Default New Prevost owner

My wife Robyn and I just purchased a 97 Liberty XL non slide, we will be picking it up next week as we had the dealer (Tradewinds) in DeLand, Fl) do some minor changes. I bought this as I am very familiar with the Series 60 12.7 Detroit engine. Look forward to the new experience.

Welcome Bill and Robyn,
    My name is Rick and my Wifes' name is Penny. We live in Edmonton AB. We are new to POG as well. We joined last year to take advantage of the learning that's available here in this Group. I have been overwhelmed with the support of these folks. Best hundred bucks I've spent in my life.
    Instead of purchasing immediately, we decided this would be a great place to learn first hand of these complex machines. We currently own an American Coach/American Dream, have had it for years. It takes us to AZ and Cali for several month excursions when I'm not at work. We have travelled with it from Tampa all the way to Delta Junction AK. It's been a great Coach, however, all my years of Trucking up and down I-95, I always knew I needed one of these Stainless Steel Rides. The day is approaching for our purchase, as I gain more insight.
    Bill, I'm originally from New Brunswick, up beside Maine. I'm very familiar with your Trucking Route. We absolutely passed each other in the night on the Large Boulevard at one point in time.
    I had a steady diet of Lumber and Peat Moss out of N.B. into Brooklyn and the Bronx, then reload Steel off the Dock in Port Elizabeth. Exit 15, 10-4?
    It would be great to correspond with you Sir.
    Bill you two will find there is alot of ol Truckers on here with a few ol Diesel Smoke stories too.
    Rick 780 919 8280
    Pipeliner Prevost.

Good day folks,
    I responded to your Posts discussing the attributes of a 12.7 Detroit. I copied and Pasted in New Member Introduction as well for you. Sorry if I doubled Posts but I wanted to make sure you got a response in the New Member area Bill. Welcome! When you receive the Coach, the Group would enjoy seeing some pictures. What you and Robyn found is exactly what Penny and I are looking for. Glad you found one.
    Rick
    Pipeliner Prevost.
    780 919 8280.

We have it home and it will be a huge learning curve. There are very few places I will take it, I thought my Detroit Diesel garage in Connecticut would be a place to start. Left it here for two weeks, didn't have time so, I brought it home. Talked to Prevost in Plainfield, Nj today, made an appointment for 4/25 (earliest one they had). Have a few air leaks I want fixed, put pull drains on the air tanks, tuneup the webasto and flush out the cooling system. The rest of the stuff I can do myself, along with the truck garage I use for my Western Star. We picked oura up at Tradewinds in DeLand, Fl, it was on consignment

Welcome Bill! Post any questions you have, or issues you come across, folks here are glad to help out. If you can put your year, Model, and converter in your signature line, folks with similar busses can jump in and help out.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach