Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air assist toilet not holding water

@Pete...My toilet has never worked since purchase (6 months ago) but am getting closer! ive changed water line and valve going to toilet, took care of aux air situation. have proper pressures.
    Bus sat for 2 years before I purchased....am close to ill ever be to zero'ing out. Toilet is useable as of now. The problem I have is the water it wants to deposit in the bowl after a flush is outrageous.
    The temporary fix ive done is , ive throttled the ball valve leading to toilet to absolute min and turn pump off after water reaches past flapper. Its hard to dedicate time to it as im on assignment and staying in bus full time at same time. My schedule'd hours are 12-13 a day with 13 days on 1 off rotation.
    seems like a rebuild of something is in order and I have it for schedule as soon as time allows for it.
    Meanwhile all my exterior led's and lenses have arrived....ahhhhhhh

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Patrick, one thing I failed to mention is that you MUST limit the amount of moisture getting into the valve once you rebuild it. My solution was to put a drain valve on the air tank that supplies air to the toilet, and be attentive to keeping the moisture drained, Again, the pressures of both air and water must be correct. (I even added a pressure gauge inside the tank so I could monitor the water pressure) Good luck, I think you will win this battle...sounds like you just need the time. Can't wait to see your post that it is working!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Patrick, What model Microphor do you have?
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

@Mike...its the air operated one. as it turns out im off today. i came home early yesterday and changed out lenses and lights on exterior camping lights. today is aux air leak and toilet day....lets see how far i get

I have the Microphor LF-220, no air on mine.
    Mike Giboney

I have noticed that toilet functions better when air starts to bleed out (after I shut compressor off for the night) Regulator is set at 60psi. I will experiment today after work...gonna set psi to 40 and see how she responds. Am having trouble finding a rebuild kit/parts....any idea? The link left here does not work for me.

What exactly does the air do? should I be afraid to ask?
    Mike Giboney

Mike...lol air is fine actually. Couldnt do anything yesterday as it was raining heavily when i left work and got to the bus. As I suspected...I repeated my experiment last night....i shut off aux air....takes about an 2 hours to bleed out....after an hour I flushed toilet and it works flawlessly...go figure. Its raining again today...and for the week (New Orleans). next step is too what pressure the regulator says after an hour.....perhaps faulty regulator eh?

I am intrigued by this air system.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Giboney

******update Toilet is fixed!!!!!**********
    So Pete was right....it was air pressure. This particliar toilet does not have a set screw for water and diff one for flapper. it all works as 1. i had pressure set to 60 psi per manual. I had been noticing that after shutting aux compressor off at night...about an hour later i'd use toilet...and it behaved a lil better....flap would open and close and water would shut off....and hopper engage. Now remember at this point I have ball valve opened at about 10%. So today i set the pressure regulator for toilet at 45psi to see if it would help. opened the water ball valve full throttle and Voila!!! works perfectly. flapper opens for about 6 5 seconds, water fills a lil past flapper, stops, the you hear the hopper release.
    So happy°!!!!!!