Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air assist toilet not holding water

Default Air assist toilet not holding water

My air assist flush toilet is not holding water in the bowl. This just started, I tried to clean the white area on the toilet and tried to wipe the flapper with dawn. Still leaking. Looking for suggestions to repair.

George and Joan
    1998 Royale Aug 2019
    Goldsboro NC
    Just added a 2022 Ford King Ranch

George good to see I'm not the only one that keeps crazy hrs. Get the rebuild kit pull it and rebuild it.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

i have the opposite problem. this weekend ill take some parts off and give them a cleaning....prolly all crudded out

Is it a microphor? see below for parts.

Replacing the rubber on the flapper valve is a good next step.

Our Products – Mullaney And Associates (mullaney-associates.com)

Thank You WJohnson, yes its a microphor. Ive figured out the timing mechanism for the flap open/close. Right now it draws an extreme amount of water. Ive even throttled it by closing the ball valve 97%
    Mine doesnt seem to have any other set screws for adjustment so my gut tells me its all tied together. Ill start with that hex screw and remove the plug....see what comes of it

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Patrick, the Microphor toilets are VERY sensitive to both water and air pressure. Make sure you have the correct pressure on both. It is best to order a total rebuild kit from Mullaney, remove the valve and replace every o-ring and part in the kit. Clean the valve thoroughly with alcohol, keeping it VERY clean. If rebuilt properly, they are dependable and functional. I no longer own the bus with the Microphor, but I struggled with it until the pressures were correct. Sorry I don't recall the pressures needed, but I will try to find and post. I would bet the Mullaney folks will know. The business was passed down to a daughter if I remember.
    Just checked...water pressure 20-50 psi (35 optimum) , air pressure 60-65psi.
    Last edited by Pete; 03-03-2022 at 10:13 AM.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Guys the best place for a Microphor is the bottom of the ocean. In their day it was a good option buy between over priced parts air and water leakage they are finnicky at best. Many many of us got tired of the constant tinkering and the smell. If you need to smell it twice that's your choice. Gravity drop.

The Tecma Silence Plus is a good replacement, slight different foot print but easily managed. Built in macerator and in my 07 was a top 3 upgrade of anything I ever did to that bus.

Being in MT on a holiday weekend and using a 5 gallon bucket convinced me. Also your skill level to change out the air lines and water line in close quarters is about a 7 not many DYI can do it right.

Microphors were a steady product back in the day but better options out there boys.

Later
    bv

Bernie & Deborah
    2019 Marathon X3 #1291
    2019 Intech Stacker

This is the Tecma Silence plus 2 and a Biobidet2000 that replaced my Microphor air toilet. Was a job but well worth it in the end.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Truxton at this point I agree...but she is so pretty though. looks the part. We all know that the pretty ones get all the chances, all the benefits of the doubt. I have never had anything pretty that wasnt troublesome
    =)

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Patrick, don't give up, if you don't want to change....your toilet CAN be fixed. Take your time, make sure your pressures (water & air) are correct, rebuild your valve.
    Think about it...What has changed on your toilet causing it to stop working properly?

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas