Thread: Gauges

Threaded View

Ok so u have that temp gauge that u thought was engine oil temp but in actuality it's trans temp like Billy mentioned?? Verify that.

I'd see if u could get someone here with a chassis that had a pyro get there vin and use it for components with Prevo.

If u turn up the wick or have it done I remember the process included being sure the exhaust temp did not exceed 1000. A test pull up a good grade matted answered that.

The guys who r doing certain things r facing huge penalties now. Burocrates and bullshit. First Cat now V8s what's next.

When u plug that egr hose the ecm needs to have it programed out as well.

When u turn up fuel u also lengthen the duration the injector is open. Too much of this has effect on exhaust temps. The egr has the engine reburning shit and I also remember the shop saying how it shows up in cyl 5 in a big way on the 60 series but I forget why.

There was a slight gain in power and the fuel milage went from 6 to 8 with these changes made.

This is all second hand Info I'm passing on as I recall it. It was 5 or 6 yr ago and I had to call the guy back who's bus it was to refresh my memory for u after u posted.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 02-06-2022 at 03:16 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines