Thread: Gauges

Default Gauges

Can exhaust temp and trans temp gauges be added to dash easily on a 98 45’ XL with 12.7L Detroit and B500?

Your question is a bit vague.
    Are you thinking of taking existing metrics and displaying them via a gauge, or are you thinking of installing your own sensor and running a wire to the dash?

I don't know if the B500 provided temp and whether it's available. Is it available in the Digital display menus? (like mine).
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

The only things easy with a Prevo is driving one and spending money on it.

R u planing on running hard in mountainous terrain? Before computer control the pyro was important under these conditions. The ECM will do what the driver used to have to. If the exhaust temp gets too high it pulls back all by itself.

Trans temp wouldn't be too difficult. U prob need to get a 50 ft lead for the pyro from Prevo. I do not think they run it to the driver's door electric panel. The lead for truck pyros is a special piece can't use simple 12 or 14 gauge it's different.

Not sure about pyro but there's plenty of buses with trans temp surprised u don't have it.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 02-04-2022 at 09:49 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

If you have an OIL TEMP gauge that should be trans oil temp (not engine).

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

Hey Mr Mopar is it that u might be turning up the wick a little looking for a pyro like u r?
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

Thank you I do have a oil temp gauge. Didn’t check oil pan of engine for sender either

Ok so u have that temp gauge that u thought was engine oil temp but in actuality it's trans temp like Billy mentioned?? Verify that.

I'd see if u could get someone here with a chassis that had a pyro get there vin and use it for components with Prevo.

If u turn up the wick or have it done I remember the process included being sure the exhaust temp did not exceed 1000. A test pull up a good grade matted answered that.

The guys who r doing certain things r facing huge penalties now. Burocrates and bullshit. First Cat now V8s what's next.

When u plug that egr hose the ecm needs to have it programed out as well.

When u turn up fuel u also lengthen the duration the injector is open. Too much of this has effect on exhaust temps. The egr has the engine reburning shit and I also remember the shop saying how it shows up in cyl 5 in a big way on the 60 series but I forget why.

There was a slight gain in power and the fuel milage went from 6 to 8 with these changes made.

This is all second hand Info I'm passing on as I recall it. It was 5 or 6 yr ago and I had to call the guy back who's bus it was to refresh my memory for u after u posted.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 02-06-2022 at 03:16 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens