Thread: Run The Wobasto

Default Run The Wobasto

My freshwater tank is empty. Is it ok to run the wobasto?

Norman Martin
    2000 CC 60408

Freshwater tank has no connection to the wabasto system. You can run it. If your hot water tank is in the loop you wont have any hot water. On that note it might be prudent to shut off the valve from the wabasto line that runs into the hot water tank. I'm not sure if there would be any damage to the hot water tank with hot wabasto fluid running thru it with no fresh water in the water heater tank.
    Someone else may be able to clarify that aspect of the system.
    1995 Liberty XL
    Chris & Sara Jo Behrens

Thanks for the information.

Norman Martin

There should be no issue with running Webasto with no water in your fresh tank. B

As for your hot water heater, this is still true, no problem.
    The Webasto is just heating up the Coolant that runs thru the coolant lines which eventually run thru your hot water heater and this is no different than those same lines that run thru the vehicle chassis from front/back/etc. If there's no water in your hot water heater, as suggested you could turn off the Hot Water heater section of the Webasto lines if such a capability exists in your Webasto lines, this would have been a feature your finisher would have provided, not Prevost.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

On my 92, I have 2 solenoid valves (one for each heater) to control the coolant flow thru my Water heaters. Up in front I have 2 pushbuttons, If the Webasto is On, and the water heater buttons are off, I don't get circulation thru the water heaters. If I turn either switch on, coolant will flow thru the water heaters. If the Webasto is On and my hot water switch is on, my electric heating elements will not turn on. The only danger i see with running that Webasto circuit is making sure your heater element don't turn on without water in the water heater.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

Ran the wobasto during the last cold spell here in Dallas, thanks for the information.

Norman Martin
    2000 CC