Thread: MARATHON HOLDING TANK SENSOR QUESTIONS.

Default MARATHON HOLDING TANK SENSOR QUESTIONS.

GOOD MORNING. i am having issues on my tank sensors. have replaced the pumps recently with equals. my black reading shows when pump cycles for a quick moment. as the grey holds for a few and my fresh stays steady. am i correct in thinking i have a leak in the hoses ?. i changed the ck valves inline. any info please. i am thinking this marathon system is maybe headhunter ? . any input would be good. thanks terry
    99 marathon xlv 45 #547 red ram 4x4

Did u snip a quarter inch of each one end when u changed out the pump. That just fixed someone else's there was a thread. Tank ends too the ones u can get at.

On your Marathon u can easily detatch the upper panel in the plumbing bay on early marathon, and it hindges up on the newer ones. In either vintage it exposed the black and gray tank end very nicely.

The fresh tank is on the bottom and that is more involved to get the tank end exposed.

How many mid 90s marathon out there with headhunter tank sensors. Billy u aint got that do u?
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 01-29-2022 at 06:29 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

DID that. they were reading pretty proper at the end of summer. getting ready for couple trips and found the monitor to get the correct reading but the reading fades down quickly on the grey and black tanks but holds steady on the fresh. i have chased all the ends. new ck valves. tightened tank sensor fittings. to not solving the issue. starting to wonder if it could be on the tech link side of the deal. ???

Had a similar issue. Ended up being the plastic tube that sticks inside the tank was brittle and cracking allowing small air leaks. Bought new plastic tubes from Headhunter and installed the new tubes. Everything works great now. The replacement of the tube is easy, getting to it is another story.

Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

THANKS CHUCK. could very well be the issue. have spent a lot of time and im sure no leaks on the exterior lines. the fresh stays good , grey not and the black is intermittent.

Measure the depth of your tanks, call Headhunder, they will sell/ship you what you need. The tubes are plastic, and you can bend them (a little) to install.

Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

There r many less complicated more affordable ways to moniter tank levels. Unless u r of the mind that wants all original as was this is the way to go.

What do they get for just one of those 3 required fish tank air pumps?
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 01-31-2022 at 08:36 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

I agree with Joe. Switched mine to iTech. Mike