Thread: New owner of a 1993 Marathon XL

Smile New owner of a 1993 Marathon XL

Hello everyone my name is Jerry and I am happy to join the select group of Prevost owners and I look forward to the discussion and hopefully the help I'm sure I will need to enjoy my coach. The coach is in very good condition and it will just need some TLC. The previous owner had to let it go because of health concerns and could not continue the upkeep. I just brought it home to Chicago from Clearwater Florida just in time to miss the brunt of Izzy through the Georgia and Nashville corridor, whew! Of course it was a Florida coach and is not accustomed to the frigid climate up here and developed coolant leaks in the tubes this morning and I reached out to JB in Bushnell Florida who advised me to tighten the tension clamps which resolved the leak issues. Other than noticing an oil leak on the drivers side it seemed to hold up fine. I have it at my diesel mechanic shop right now looking into locating the leak. Well again it is wonderful to join this elite group of individuals and I look forward to sharing my experience with you all. Jerry

Hey Jerry welcome.

Where is Hillside out by Joliet?

If u r going to own a Prevo with an 8 V being close to a large body of water for sure helps lots a tugs on lake michigan and the canals running them and old guys who know them in the neighborhood.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 01-18-2022 at 09:43 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Hey Jerry

Lots of information and help here. Enjoy your bus!

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

Hey Joe,

I'm about 20 mins west of downtown Chicago and 30 mins or so from Joliet. Yeah should be 8v mechanics around for sure.

Thanks Bill!

Jerry, I have a 1992 Country coach, crawled all over, under, upside down, inside outside etc over the past year and a half. Reach out if you have any questions.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

Excellent Mike, thanks a bunch. I will definitely have questions very shortly.